cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Trimble ez steer 500 settings, CIH 9xxx 4wd

I farm in complicated terrain and the the ez steer 'almost' works. If you have a successful set up for 91xx-93xx tractor I'd really like to figure out if they would be an improvement over mine. TheEZ Guide clearly paints a reasonable path. Keeping the EZ Steer from wandering is another matter. I'm certainly not using the recommended setting procedure because tehy don't work, and I notice Agleader had a 'cheat sheet' on recommended settings that are pretty arbitrary - but work up to a point. I finally set the antenna on the nose of the tractor out of frustration and it helped a lot. I'm just quite sure there are other solutions.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Re: Trimble ez steer 500 settings, CIH 9xxx 4wd

I'm using OnTrac2 with integra.  I'm learning and won't be of much help.

The sensitivity seems to be related to speed - different speeds call for different reaction times.  I have the tilt control on the tractor floor that tells it witherh I'm on a side hill or not.  Sorrry I can't offer more.   Just call the guys in Ames and see what they say.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Re: Trimble ez steer 500 settings, CIH 9xxx 4wd

It's getting better. Pretty functional, but I'm pretty much out of things a tractor can do until after harvest.

I agree that changes in speed seem to cause some instability if it's much faster and there are other complications like steep slopes and turns. I can basically only use free form in most of my fields. I proved today that slippage on worked ground on steep slopes is impossible for the system to deal with effectively. Just have to do those manually. I also have the tilt gyros on the floor.

I did lower the number for the height of the antenna off the ground and that seem to help a lot contouring steep ground - until things start breaking loose. Seems to keep the implement up on the mark. It  helps if i start low and work my way up and the drift of the following implement is sort of self correcting in that the drift is about the same each pass.

It's a bit frustrating but I've almost got it there. I'm going to look for a joystick. To many things to watch in this country sometimes to be looking over and touching the screen.

0 Kudos