cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Contributor

acreage calculator

What is a good unit to figure acreages and "cheap". Just need something that I could get an idea of field size. thanks

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Contributor

Re: acreage calculator

I have a hand held Garmin GPSmap 60CSx that I use for hiking and kayaking mostly.  But I have used it to measure area in  a field where I injected liquid manure fall applications and then gone back in the spring to apply more manure.  Accuracy claims to maybe 10 feet.  You can order mounting hardware for dash or handlebars, or drop it in the coffee cup holder of your tractor.  It's a few years old now, so models may have changed...

0 Kudos
Contributor

Hi **bleep**;Thanks for information. All I need is to get an idea of 2 odd shape fields we have. Ill look into that one. I see ur in ne ia Iam also. Iam at Elgin if u were down the road a couple of miles have u set it up and rent it from u. We have a Navman F-15 but all that has is road maps the best I can figure out on it. Works well for driving directions. Thanks again and will look into it.

0 Kudos
Contributor

Hi "Richard" lol . The old filter is working....

0 Kudos
Contributor

Lol, it's just a name...  But I am south of Independence, not so northeast Iowa as you.

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Have you tried calling the local FSA office and asking them?  Our county has a guy who does the field measuring.  He's figured mine for me, before.  Has a computer program and works off the field map.

0 Kudos
Contributor

Hi Jim,  yep, just trying to see if we can stay out of that place as much as possible. Trying this google map thing now that would work if I can get it figured out. Must have to load a program from them also. Can get it right to the field set my flags but cant see the acreage..

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Get AGRIplot for the iPhone or iPad if you just want to check acreages on the go.
0 Kudos