cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Contributor

2nd ATV driver....

The 2nd ATV driver has passed away.  So another sorrow filled week here.  His mom had just done an update on carepages that sounded so positive. And within a couple of hours, he was gone.  He was off the respirator and on 40% oxygen, but I am guessing it was too much for his heart.  They were able to do organ donations.  So sad. 

The kids still had prom on Saturday.  They all looked so nice and the smiles were just irreplaceable. 

I know this week will be hard on them again.  Four young lives lost in the last 2 years in this school. 

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Veteran Contributor

Re: 2nd ATV driver....

My heart goes out to your community...I'm so sorry.....

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

My sympathies to your son and your community.  It is hard to see someone make a fight for life that way, then lose. 

People  - and parents in particular - tend to put forward the best information they have, and latch onto it without balancing the negatives in the situation.  Newsweek has a cover story this week on Gabby Giffords and her progress, which says pretty much just that - her family and staff are tightly controlling news on her condition. 

Privacy laws prevent anyone in the hospital from reporting otherwise.   One doctor was quoted as saying that anyone who's suffered such a devastating brain injury is "never the same."  In the context of the article, that very small phrase speaks volumes.   

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

It is just so sad to lose so many in their spring of life. Prayers go out to the community. Treasure life as it can be so fleeting.

0 Kudos
Veteran Contributor

Prayers to your family and community, for all those kids at the show we were at, they were all great!  This is not what they need to know in their young lives right now.

S.

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Oh my gosh ... I'm so sorry to hear this sad news! 

0 Kudos