cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Contributor

4-H update

Well she got a lot of blue ribbons; a superior on one of her drawings, and showmanship with her calf. The judging for her calf was dissapointing. The dairy judge had a family emergency - bad for him - and they had a stand in who didn't understand dairy judging. But she was happy overall and loves 4-H. Got more ideas for next year. This was only her 2nd yr. Still learning as sew the adults. Speaking of learning I'm trying to get a pic loaded and computer isn't cooperating!
0 Kudos
7 Replies
Senior Contributor

Re: 4-H update

Glad Your DGD had a good fair experience. Nthing like a few blue ribbons to motivate a kid for the next year. My DGD didnt like showing chickens until she got a great big red ribbon.

How do you upload a picture on here? I wanted to share one of the new grandbaby.
0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

To post a picture here, make sure you have it on the computer.  I usually save one with an easy to recognize file name when I want to post it here. 

On the tools bar above this reply text entry box, in the fourth set of tools, right after the smiley face, click on the center icon...it will say "insert/edit image."  The one before it is for inserting a link, the one after it for inserting a video. 

When the box opens for that insertion, tell it to find the file name on your computer.  You will know what to do, once you get this far.  You may need to reduce the size of the photo file, so it will upload. 

So, now, no excuses...shjare that beautiful baby with us!!!

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

So, better than you expected!  Congratulations to the whole family. 

Now is a good time to talk about next year...while successful decisions and mistakes are both fresh in her and her parents' minds.  Let her enjoy her glory days, though!

See my post to Soilbabe on posting a photo here.  I rarely try to upload directly from a camera.  I like to save the single file I want to post, under an easy name to remember, and then do my posting here. 

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Tell her congratulations!  That is an awesome job and I'm so glad that she is looking forward to next year already.  Sometimes it takes time to find the projects that you enjoy.  I know by the time I graduated out I was just doing Shooting Sports and NeedleArts.

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

That is great it turned out so good! You just never know when what may win. Showmanship win is vry good.

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Congrats. It's always a challenge knowing that you got a substitute judge. The key is understanding that everyone has an opinion, but the judge's is the only one that counts in the contest. As everyone says, it takes a good amount of time to prepare for a project, especially when it doesn't pan out during the year. If nothing else, it taught her that procrastination doesn't get rewarded as well as preparation. Good luck for next year!

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Had a great state fair! DGD Brynn won PeeWee Showmanship for swine and second in her division. GDG Madison took second in class with her pig in the open show. The class winner went on to win third overall so we were very pleased.
0 Kudos