cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kay/NC
Honored Advisor

40 Bags in 40 Days...

...is another on,ine group witha decluter challenge. I did great with the 365 Day Declutter Chalkenge, until hay season hit. To be hinest, a good bit of the office and file organixing they were doing, leading up to the geberal tax due date in April, was way behind my usual standards.

I still check in there, not as often, but have stopped still on the fifteen-minute daily calendar tasks. It eas good while it lasted...and, a lot of my homes and work areas were much improved.

Trying to kickstart my ckeaning again, I caught a different challenge called " 40 Bags in 40 Days." It is much less structured...you just try to get out a bag ( size doesn't really matter) a day. They started in February...I think this was meant for Lent?

I printed out the sheet with forty lines...there is a break every Sunday. Started with Monday, a black sack of just crap from the screened porch, while I was having my meltdiwn with Mike. Thst was a huge imprivement out there.

Tuesday, I boxed up Winn's outgrown toys from the family room. The box is going to daughter's tiday or else!

Yesterdat, Winn and I filled a bag with office paper excess and a defunct fax machine. Don't know why that was still sitting around...just hadn't forced myself to trash it. That occupied us until the workers' comp auditor made it through.

Today, we head into the infamous back room. It really needs attention. I have a feeling that stack of old gloves ( Mike always wears out the left one, grabbing firewood) might just disappear. If it's a hundred outside, then working indoors makes sense.

I will probably be doing this at both houses, not a bag at rach every day, but a bag wherever I am and have the time to gather up discards or donstions.

Just thought I'd share the idea,since many of us are past the spring rush, and gardens aren't bearing gangbusters quite yet. Fill a jumbo garbage bag, a shopping sack, or even a ziploc baggie, and get it out of your hair! Perfect timing for those relocating/ remodeling, too.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
manureseller
Senior Contributor

Re: 40 Bags in 40 Days...

Do you know how much crap WILL NOT be moving to the new house??   I was thinking today we should get a roll off and start filling it but I have to talk to Todd about that first.  I'm pretty sure he won't mind but who knows.  I do like the idea though but I'd have to do 2 a day just to get caught up. 

Kay/NC
Honored Advisor

Re: 40 Bags in 40 Days...

Was really thinking of you and Suey, with your fresh starts right ahead. It does give you a chance to reboot the way you do things, doesn't it?
0 Kudos