cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kay/NC
Honored Advisor

And, just when things seem to be settling down a bit...

...SIL called from VA this afternoon. Seems the local paper arrest report had a miscreant, listing our nice brick ranch house as his home address. Charged with rape, something about a bomb and thratening to burn something down. Oh, joy!

Called the sheriff's office, and asked for a detective we have known forever. His mother was my first grade teacher. The guy's name isn't the same as the tenants there, but who knows if they let him live there?

He looked up the warrants, said the guy gave that address, but the incident happened a good distance away. Evidently, he forced himself on a prevoius baby mama, and thus the rape charge. All sorts of mayhem goes on with these young idiots, but at least this one is a tenant in the regional correctional jail now, awaiting trial.

Trying to decide whether to call the realtor or not, just to see if he is on her lease. Those tenants actually seem almost normal...no telling if this is one of their daughters' BFs or what.

This is exactly what I needed, at our getaway today. Have apparently shut the gravediggers up, as we haven't heard another peep from them. ( I can write a good email!)

Beginning to think we need a getaway from our getaway..?
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Suey73
Advisor

Re: And, just when things seem to be settling down a bit...

Oh gee wiz,  with all the employee drama  I'd forgotten  all about the grave diggers.   LOL

I think our biggest drama is waiting see if future DIL  has found a church to get married in.   They had picked  March 5, 2016  but found out that is during Lent and Priests won't marry during lent.  Now going to try for April 2, 2016.   I've been promised someplace between Kansas City and Chicago.   I'm rooting for  Plainfield, IL.   Her parents live in KC.  But she and her sister have lived in Chicago burbs for about a decade now.  DS  lives in Plainfield. 

0 Kudos
Kay/NC
Honored Advisor

I remember the " trying to find a church" thing for our daighter and SIL. Not so bad, as dtamas go...at least your grandkids should be legitimate...oh, how low has my bar been set?!?

Mike informed me of the new wrinkle/ fly in the employee's pintment on the way to VA today. Seems his old auntie is in the hospital, and he had to get off early, to meet her daughter at the airport. Methinks this lady is the eviction crew, for the seven slobs camped out in her mother's home. That will put pressure on them to get out, and they cannot come here....

Meanwhile, besides the tenant news, SIL says MIL is losing the rest of her lucidity. Sensible one moment, nonsensical the next. Was very ill with flu week before last, refused hospitalization. Swears she was not sick at all now. Losing touch with reality.

Will be interesting to see what happens next. I have Plan A if the employee stays, a plan B if he goes, and Plan C if they try to sneak back in the house here. Mostly, I plan to keep my eyes wide open....
I have figured out that this is going to be one of those years...you know, like most of the ones I have lived. I call it being lecked to death by ducks. At least our detective connection made me feel okay about putting my head on the pillow tonight, without that lumpy gun underneath it.

0 Kudos
Ruby Lou
Senior Contributor

If she has been sick, have her checked for UTI, that can make then delierous too.  I know she is 100, but still could be. I think I would be standing at the driveway with a gun or a sheriff!

0 Kudos
Kay/NC
Honored Advisor

Now you folks knkw why we feel it necessary to put locked gates on the driveway, to at least make idiots work harder to get to us here at Jenna's house. I was, of course, bothered by the violent nature of the charges against this young man. I was relieved to gear he is still in prison.

One thing I am learning, in dealng with these last two employees:Younger people use their children as pawns, and CPS and the court system as a playing field. I am sure there were always do estic situations that got out of hand, but the charges that apply now add up quickly and result in tremendous trouble.

Ironically for our employee's wife, it was her jumping him ( according to him) that made them bith call the law, which called CPS the first time, evidently several weeks ago. We just learned sbout the case last Tuesday, and I put my foot down on athursday, when I realized the order was being violated on a daily basis.

I have told Mike that I fully expect that family to be living in a hotel, because no one will have them. They have no srnse of sanitation or decency. He claims she is leaving for Texas, as soon as their EITC money " hits her card". I feel bad for him, but the back and forth right now keeps him in a distracted turmoil. Not good.

I could call the realtor about this guy, and see if he is even on the lease. Honestly, doubt it. Detective promised to call me if he thinks we have any worries. Probably the best we can do, and keep the locks and chains on.
0 Kudos