cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
merryyon
Senior Contributor

And the years 1st Poison Ivy Recipient is.......

SPENCER!!  He and I put a creek crossing back in on Saturday, we've already gone to the Dr. for a shot and a steroid pack.  Hopefully it will "**bleep** it in the bud".  Maybe I won't be recipient #2. 

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Kay/NC
Honored Advisor

Re: And the years 1st Poison Ivy Recipient is.......

Poor guy! Hope the treatments work quckly.

We encountered it in one bed of evergreens st the last rental house...I started itching as soon as I saw the three leaves. Mike ran me far away from it, pulled it out all out with old gloves, which he threw away, and he loaded his own laundry, so there was no chance I would contact it. Somehow, I still managed to wade into a vine or two...but no lesions yet.

Do you normally react to it, too? It should have shown up by now, don't you think?
0 Kudos
merryyon
Senior Contributor

did I miss something, is **bleep** a naughty word??  barney fife says it all the time!!

0 Kudos
Kay/NC
Honored Advisor

I knew exactly what you meant...it is apparently construed by the filters on this site to be scandalous. Try to use the word for the little enchanted being that leaves money under children's pillows in exchange for heir shed teeth. It zinged me for that a couple of years ago....

Sometimes, you can slip one by them by spelling it out. Let's try: n-i-p!
0 Kudos
Kay/NC
Honored Advisor

Not as smart as it thinks it is, huh?
0 Kudos
merryyon
Senior Contributor

I "might" have a spot, I'm doctoring it, he is a hugger and a leaner as well as a hair twister......I almost always get it when he has it,  he doesn't appreciate it when I shoo him away. 

0 Kudos
Ruby Lou
Senior Contributor

that is so sweet that he is still a hugger and a leaner!  My son is just a caller or texter  - with me anyway!  Take care of the poison ivy. 

0 Kudos
manureseller
Senior Contributor

Yuck!!!  Poor guy....I can honestly say I've never had Posion Ivy and I really don't want to try it so please don't offer it to me.  LOL  I did notice that the 1 nice day we've had here and the ticks started coming out.  It's back down to freezing so they won't last long but geesh...time to Frontline the dogs I guess.

0 Kudos
turkey feather
Senior Contributor

We found our dog covered in ticks two weeks ago. So early and it hasn't been really warm until yesterday.

0 Kudos