cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ABCD Farmer
Veteran Contributor

Are You Curious?

The renters moved out and left trash in the house - no surprise.  But, there is a clear garbage bag full of notebook paper and other papers.  No gross stuff that I can see.  Are you a curious person who opens it up and looks what is in there or do you just toss it in the trash?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Sundae1964
Veteran Contributor

Re: Are You Curious?

toss

0 Kudos
Kay/NC
Advisor

If their rent was all paid up and I had no reason to need to know where they may have gone, I'd probably toss it.   If they owed me money, or had damaged the place, I'd open it in a heartbeat. 

If abandoned on my property, it is mine to choose. 

0 Kudos
ABCD Farmer
Veteran Contributor

I just tossed it and then thought of everything I could have learned.  I just have a couple items to clear up with them, but they didn't move far.  They bought a house.  I was curious, but I thought my time would be better spent on other things.  I just wondered if I was the only curious one.

0 Kudos
Kay/NC
Advisor

If someone makes me clean up, all bets are off.  If they bagged it and only left one sack behind, I would probably let it go straight to teh dumpster, except if they owed me or had done damage, as I said. 

I've had tenants that made me want to burn down the house when they left.  Sounds like yours were okay in comparison.  Then agian, if hte tenant had been John Edwards; mistress, her trash would have been worth big bucks., like that video of them she left behind. 

0 Kudos
chick06
Veteran Contributor

I am a curious person, but I hate going thru my trash if I think I have thrown something away. I would toss, and never go thru someone else's trash, papers or junk.

0 Kudos