cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Contributor

Bee stings and head cold

I cannot remember when I have had a cold and with the days ahead I am wondering how I will manage. Any suggestions for relief. The antique show is almost ready to open and I am not ready. I stirred up the bees last evening while mowing and was stung four times and I don't recall ever being stung before. I still have pain on the forehead. The stress seems to have won out.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Senior Contributor

Re: Bee stings and head cold

I wish I knew a magic remedy that always worked on head colds.    It's just hard to function that way.   Ouch on the bee stings.    Can't remember the last time I was stung but I sure remember it hurt like crazy.  

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

I hope you are not allergic to them and the sting is inflaming your nasal passages. Are you sure one didn't fly up your nose?

0 Kudos
Advisor

My answer to a head cold is  Alleve  cold and Sinus. The stuff you have to sign for at the Pharmacy.     Suppose to last 12 hours.  I usually only get 10 hours of relief.  Then at night I take  Nyquill.      Best of luck Turkey. 

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

That is rotten luck.  I agree with Suey on meds but would add if stings still are an issue I would go to the doctor.  They might give you a cortisone shot or something.  Don't be miserable for too long if there is some relief you can get.

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Ditto on not having a cold in a long time, thank goodness! We tend to use Sudafed, generic pseudoephedrine to be more precise, which is conrolled and limited behind the druggist's counter.

I wonder if some Benadryl would help with the stings, and any sinus problems as well. I keep Benedryl children's fast melt tablets in my bee box. If the stings are hurting lically, icing them might help, for numbing. Again, I keep a sting stick in the bee box, as well as handy in the houses. Right out where everyone can see them

Hope you feel better. Nyquil does help with cold sumptoms and sleep...Dayquil used to be good in daytime, without the sleep stuff in it.
0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

I feel better this morning after going to bed early. Now to just get through the rest of the week. There were more complications this morning putting me behind already.

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Glad you are feelng better, and hope you continue to improve. Pace yourself.
0 Kudos