cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SLC
Senior Contributor

Re: Car colors

Yea they all show dirt, mud, and dust..    and the white ones get covered with fly specks.      I would love a self cleaning one

0 Kudos
turkey feather
Senior Contributor

I should have added this to the previous comment.  We attended a FB conference where a speaker was a 'Futurist'.  The new things he was describing and telling about that were soon coming were shocking.  Mostly new ideas for robots. One was 3-d imaging to built machine parts etc.  One things was that a computer to pinpoint the weeds in a field so the sprayer can only spray in that spot.

0 Kudos
Kay/NC
Honored Advisor

Unless you account for their different makes and body styles, you cannot tell the black VW and white Mazda apart right now....
0 Kudos
Kay/NC
Honored Advisor

Those 3-D printers are doing some shocking things. One we saw was building a prosthetic hand, and the young girl who was using it. Wonderful potential. Cannot say I am excited about the 3-D printed food, though.

Sort of reminds you of the transporting on Star Trek, doesn't it?
0 Kudos
dairy mom
Senior Contributor

best colored car I've had was my first.  A 1971 for Maverick.  Officially it was black.  But to me it was this really dark green.  I loved it.

Best car we ever had was a Chevy Caprice 8 passenger station wagon. Hubby bought it while I was in the hospital with out 7th baby.

That thing was a tank.  I felt so safe in it.  Michgan winters and bad roads meant nothing to it.  Yet it was very easy and comfortable to drive.

Then I loved our 2001 Grand Caravan sport minivan.  Very comfortable and easy to drive.  Bought a Pontiac Montana minivan after son wrecked the Caravan.  Talk about a piece of junk.  Just waiting for the stupid thing to give up the ghost so he'll get rid of it.

But my all time favorite was my 1995 on a rebuilt title Ford F150 pickup.  That baby would do anything I asked of it.  Stuff it really shouldn't have been able to do.  But I'd say a prayer and my baby would get the job done, pulling chopper wagons and hay wagons over stuff it really shouldn't have been able to.

0 Kudos
manureseller
Senior Contributor

Dairymom my favorite all time vehicle and I still miss it to this day was the 1980 Ford Ranger when they made the Rangers in the 1/2 tons.  That pickup was built like a tank and could go through anything and did whatever we asked of it.  I still miss that pickup to this day.  LOL  In college I had a Dodge Omni and that was a pretty nice little car.  Drove it until it started on fire one day on my way to work...after that it was toast. 

0 Kudos
wt51015
Senior Contributor

We had a Ranger too and it lasted forever. Think we got nearly 400 thousand miles on it until the motor started acting funny.

0 Kudos
Kay/NC
Honored Advisor

We have had three Rangers. One we called the " Rescue Ranger", because the kids used it in so many of their escapades.
0 Kudos