cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Contributor

Cast iron cooking

(on a lighter note)  I finally found a larger iron skillet to fit the lid I had found earlier. My question is what do you cook in your iron skillets?  I usually just fry burgers and I have a small one that I use for eggs. I have a couple small ones and a couple of medium size too. We ate at a distant cousin's who had cooked the beef in the covered skillet in the oven. I have not had the correct size for cornbread so I will do try that too after it is cleaned. How do you use yours?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Honored Advisor

Re: Cast iron cooking

Mike is the king of cast iron cookery. Steaks seared in his skillet are the best we can get. Hamburger steaks with mushrooms, onions and arrowroot gravy. Ham steaks. Fried chicken. Stirfried pork or chicken with peppers, pnions and bok choy, best bacon and eggs you ever ate.

It would be easier to say what isn't cooked in cast here, than what is.
0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Re: Cast iron cooking

I thnk I may have firgotten to me tio that Lodge offers a goid Cast Iron Cookery book, which you should be able to get on amazon, and for sure on the lodge website. There are certainly good sites, if you Google for them. Most Paleo books asvise using cast iron, too.
0 Kudos