cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kay/NC
Honored Advisor

Cat Whisperer

The alarm tech came to check out our system today...very nice lady in her forties. She did a thorough troubkeshooting, replaces the front door entry sensor, which was the reason for the trouble call last week, and the motion sensor that dragged us back in the wee hours on Sunday.

She asked me to step onto different areas and call the kitties, which they seemed to think was a pretty neat game. They evidently figured out she was an animal lover, because they started following her around and showing off for her attention. She concluded that they couldn't have triggered the alarm.

The best she could figure, it must have been a spider crawling across the lens. Since I refuse to soray poisons in the hiuse,mthat is a rapeal possibility. I will be breaking out the orange oil tomorrow.

Really fun to watch someone else get the attention of these three nutty cats. Matty, the male, was fine until she started testing alarms and the sound effects got going.

Have you ever watched your pets interact with a stranger, who really knew how to make friends with them?
0 Kudos
5 Replies
dnorris1
Contributor

Re: Cat Whisperer

Yes, our "guard dog" is more of a "welcoming committee". 

0 Kudos
SLC
Senior Contributor

I am convinced that animals have a better sense of the goodness of a person's heart than people do.    I trust my dogs perception of people.    

0 Kudos
Kay/NC
Honored Advisor

Absolutely agree.

0 Kudos
dairy mom
Senior Contributor

I agree that animals seem to sense things about people.  Cats are funny though. Really they usually don't seem to like anybody.  Although this year we have a young cat down in the barn that is a "people cat".  So friendly, loves everybody and loves attention.  Has stolen everybody's hearts and is getting so spoiled.  Gonna play havoc with the inspector cause no one wants to be mean enough to him to make him stay out.  Should just bring him to the house and make him a house cat but I think that might make the employees a little angry with me.  They love bringing the silly little thing treats and stuff.  He's really good doesn't get in the way or anything.  My one house cat isn't really all that friendly but she wouldn't stay out from under foot in the parlor so that is why she came to the house.

0 Kudos
Kay/NC
Honored Advisor

Dairymom, if you could have seen how my Sophie reacted to her, followign her around and rolling up her belly for a rub, you would have laughed.   I do think a good cat can really entertain a family or even a staff like yours. 

I am not usually a cat person, but these three we have now are such a fun bunch of furballs.  Maybe you can bring this littel guy to thehouse during inspections, and then let him back out to the barn?

0 Kudos