cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Honored Advisor

Re: Christmas Card Exchange 2013

Got mine and got it printed out yesterday morning.
Thanks Ruby Lou!
0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Kay, the foundation cover is a gray stucco. I do not know what cellular shades are?You are correct I have lots of time.

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Surface bond tinted gray should be very nice, and isn't visually jarring.  I like that choice...foundations aren't meant to stand out too much. 

Here's an amazon link to the cellular shades...they run the gamut in price and features:

http://www.amazon.com/s?ie=UTF8&page=1&rh=n%3A3736181%2Ck%3Acellular%20window%20blinds

I like ours because they insulate the windows a bit more, since that house has its original ancient ones, and the storms outside them are nothing to write home about.  I love the old windows, though...new ones would stick out like a sore thumb there. 

The shades raise and lower with a center button on the bottom rail.  They just fold up like a Chinese fan.  You don't notice them against the top trim of the window, if it is white. 

The only downside I have seen so far is that you can get a housefly into a pleat channel.  We aveh one of these on teh only southfacing window in the hous, adn evidently all the flies cam there to seek warmth, when we got our first cold snap and the heat wasn't on there. 

We found what looiked like a hundred of them, in and around that window, three of which had crawled into the channels.  Easy enough to blow them out, but puffing into one end.  We still wonder where they came from, since we hardly ever see a fly in that house. 

In searching for thelink I gave you, I found some top down/bottom up shades, which are good for privacy and letting in light, too.  Like I said...so much to choose from, it is almost too hard! 

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Ok, just a newer name. Looks like that could work very well. Thanks.

I am just sick of killing flies. The first day they were working on windows it was threatening rain and they poured inside and continued but not so many. I had a fly swatter in every room and broke two since they had been around a while.

0 Kudos
Veteran Contributor

I will be in to...Love this part at this time of the year.

S.

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

I'm sorry, but I really cannot join in the tradition. Since I didn't send cards last year, I'd better not agree to something I may not do again. I'll try to fulfill my commitment from last year. Would like to know who to send the dish towel to though.

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

We didn't do the dish towel last year, I think that was a few years ago but please put your name on the list.  If you get them out you get them out if you don't you don't.  At least you'll get some good mail during the season.  Smiley Very Happy

0 Kudos