cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Honored Advisor

Clean floors..aching feet....

Decided that, after two weeks of running myself ragged, I ought to stick around and actually clean this house for a change. Spent all day Saturday, wet vacuuming the hard floors, then vacuuming and shampooing carpets.

I found a Floormate machine for the concrete in our rough back room, which removed a lot of Mike's tracking in with firewood, and Winn and me bringing in bits of his sandbox with us. Looks a lot better.

I decided to run it over the kitchen and dining room, and they look much nicer now than with the damp mop, because this thing squirts on cleanser, scrubs with little brushes, then sucks up the water as you go. No judgment call on when to dump and refresh the scrub bucket.

As I went along, I decided to drag a big black trash bag, and clear out accumulated debris, ahead of the floor pass. All the gardening and farming magazines went, along with sorting out an armful of papers I had stuck on the sideboard. Most of them were things like the health insurance EOBs, which I hold until the doctor's bill has been settled. Time for them to go.

I had forgotten what nice, clean floors feel and look like. Built a small pile of household items to move to the studio house...removing duplicates, grabbing a few things from our now never -used RV, and sticking them in the SUV for a ride this week. A good dust and cleaning of the bathrooms and kitchen are on tap for today. Need to do the trash bag treatment in those spaces, too.

Wish I was sleepng better...my feet are aching, so I cannot fall back asleep since about 3:30 a.m. Hate to start stirring around, since Mike needs his sleep. Hope getting the rest done today isn't as tiring.

Do you ever clean so hard it hurts?
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Senior Contributor

Re: Clean floors..aching feet....

Yes, but it obviously hasn't been done here for a looooong time!  I really need to get my butt off this desk & get going. 

Trying to do a few bills online & get my mom's account straightened out.  She called this morning wild about her Discover bill so I'm trying to check that out, and Humana wants to talk to both of us at the same time about lowering her bill (it's only $12.80-how low can you go?), and her rear end hurts after she fell at the neighbors on her butt & back-didn't call ahead to let them know she'd be on the doorstep-walked around the block on Sunday so can't be too bad.  Hoping to get through her head as far as the Discover bill, the more you go the more you spend, even if it's to WalMart for groceries.  Which is where we will be today.  Oh my.  The stress.

My aches lately have been my varicose legs which ache at night sometimes when I'm on my feet a lot.  Picked tomatoes & pulled weeds in garden til noon, made lunch, then started on the red beauties to can.  Also made a pie from the cherries we got in WI which were great.

Then when cleaning up after supper & canning, opened the sink up to find a 1/2" of water.

Wasn't how I wanted to spend the rest of my night.  A good soak in the whirlpool tub helped to sooth my aches.

0 Kudos