cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kay/NC
Honored Advisor

Clothing???

Warm weather has me digging into storage boxes it feels I just tucked away a few days ago. Not really, but a warmer-than-normal December meant those things stayed in circulation longer than usual last fall.

For some reason, I am really at war with my wardrobe. Nothing seems to fit right or feel right. I shopped Target lasypt week, hoping to find a few fresh cotton tees, but no go. I ended up with one of my old ones yesterday, but they cannot go everywhere forever.

I know some of my aggravation is because I am soon having a birthday that ends in a zero...and I still feel in search of a style to call my own. Part is that I am on,y happy with bpnatural fibers, and their cost is driving them off the racks right now. Part is that I am into a reclaiming my fitness mode, which requires things that can stand up to gym wear, sweat and lots of washing.

We go over this subject occasionally, so sorry to bring it up again...but, HELP! I can't wear Ruby Rd. on the recumbent elliptical. Anyone got a good everyday, easy care suggestion?
0 Kudos
11 Replies
turkey feather
Senior Contributor

Re: Clothing???

No advice but I can understand the birthday with zero stress. Now I just hope I have another one several years from now.  I agree it is much harder to find the clothes you want and like now.

0 Kudos
manureseller
Senior Contributor

Have you tried Lands End?  I've found some of their stuff looks great and withstands the rigors of my job (walking/scouting fields, chemical ect.)  I'm a cotton person as well or I like the Champion active tees from Target for the mositure wicking also. 

0 Kudos
Kay/NC
Honored Advisor

My default is Champion c-9, which is exclusively offered at Target. I do not know if it is hard times for Target or what, but even though bikinis have been on a big sale for quite a while, they had not the first pair of the cotton with Spandex capris, not shorts, except the ultra-short running type. Not for these thighs!

Trekked the **bleep**'s sporting goods store that has taken over one of the anchor spots at the mall nearest Jenna's house, while waiting for Winn's Easter basket engraving job the other day. UA and the NIKE and other stuff is just too slinky for me. Maybe, someday, if i burn off 40 pounds!

I know 6-0 is " just a nu mber", but it sure feels like a big one, staring it in the teeth soon. I am not vain about the gray hair and such, but I do try to look neat, and it is increasingky hard to do.

Thanks for the suggestions. Is Lands End still in Sears?

0 Kudos
Suey73
Advisor

No help from me.    I'm not too picky about everyday where  as long as I can throw my legs over the gates and climb into the tractors.   I wear  Lee's  Relaxed Fit Jeans and  what ever has been moved from the good down to  everyday.   Summer I wear  t-shirts and jeans.   Winter..  turtleneck,  sweatshirt and jeans with insulated underwear.        Wish all sweatshirts  were made like the one I've been wearing since 2000.   It is the football one from my son's football team.    The Bearcats  have quality stuff.   Bearcats no longer exsist  but I've still got the shirts to remember them by.  

0 Kudos
linda/IL
Senior Contributor

I like Lands End & a friend swears by the T's of LL Bean.  Says they are the very best quality.  I posted a bit ago that I just can't seem to find a store for my taste.  Dissapointed that Christopher Banks, since consilidating it's entire line, doesn't have much for petites.  Limited.  Kohls is the same problem.  I see things I really like in the other sections but not petites.  The local store that carries Ruby Rd. are so dressy that they are only good for going out to dinner (& most of the time our restaurants/bar & grill) are casual.  Maybe church.  Would rather spend good $$ on quality casual clothes I can dress up/down.

I feel your pain, Suey, about the sweat shirts.  So many T's and sweatshirts are "fitted" or "contoured for a woman's shape".  Not this woman.  I want loose & baggy so I can layer under a sweatshirt.  I'm going to try the athletic store in Kewanee next.  I don't care if I take a man's size or a youth XL.  Liked the looks of Duluth until I tried one on. 

Kay, did you look online at Penney's?  Good luck & let us know how you come out. 

0 Kudos
Kay/NC
Honored Advisor

I decided to look a Champion and Duluth Trading. I like the Duluth styles, but for some reason, didn't wear the shirts Ibought in fall of 2012 at all this fall and winter...cannot say why. I think I felt frumpy in them. They look like Mike's sister's stuff, and she is 75....
0 Kudos
linda/IL
Senior Contributor

I bought a couple Duluth henley styles and really like the quality of fabric.  My problem is the "longtail" length is really too long for me but I either tuck in or compensate somehow. 

I really need to take a look at what I need to replace.  Seems like I do a refurbishing every other year or so.  Maybe will grab one or two things during a season and really do an update only on the off years.

0 Kudos
Kay/NC
Honored Advisor

The longtails are something I tend to really like. Even though I am short, I have a long waist ( tells you my legs are stubby!) i really liked the look of one tee they had today, with a bit longer sleeve, but the colors were pretty picked over.

I left five shirts in their shopping cart. Kind of hitting between sizes now, and don't want to buy big and end up baggy.
0 Kudos

I cannot assist. I'm not too picky about where I live every day as long as I can throw my legs over the gates and get in the tractors. During the summer, I wear jeans and t-shirts. I wear Lee's Relaxed Fit Jeans every day. I wear insulated underwear, a turtleneck and sweatshirt and jacket during the winter. I wish every sweatshirt was made like the one I have been wearing since 2000. It is the football sweatshirt the team wears. Their gear is top-notch. Even though the Bearcats no longer exist, I still have the shirts to remember them by.

0 Kudos