cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Contributor

Re: Cows and telephone calls????

Same here. If there is money involved the oposite sex will have their doors beaten on.  A few years ago and it may still be going on, there was a group of ladies that had a contest to see who could make the first successful contact with the newest widower listed in the paper.  One winner was a woman who soon after the marriage announced that she had married the man so he could take care of her and that is what happened since she did not do anything and soon become disabled until she passed.

0 Kudos
Advisor

okay,  I absolutely hate to make phone calls.   I like e-mail and seeing someone face to face.   He knows it and sometimes  forces me to do what needs to be done.    As he found out  I can keep things running if I have the help.   Like he said,  He was stuck in the house,  on a lot of meds,  unable to make decisions.... and  corn got hauled to market,   pigs born and hauled to market,   corn and beans got planted.    Money in the checkbook,  bills paid.  He even had to admit it was probably one of our better crops.  Although he could tell that 5 different people had run the planter when he was harvesting.   Really great thing he had done that year,  is he had ordered  all roundup ready seeds.    Made spraying of weeks  alot easier.  He on the otherhand:   he knows nothing about the feed ordering of the contract pigs, can not  cook,   or do any bookwork.   He doesn't even know where all the money is.   Girls,  where would you like to go?  He can't even turn on the computer.     And not only is there  our money.   But,  there is his dad's estate's money and all of his mom's money too.    I think he can clean.... but he'd never have time to get it all done.  

Ruby,   my DH  has a pile too.   Weekly,  I get sent to find something in his "pile".   

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Ruby, THE PILES!!!  Same scenario here.  Asks for breeding records an hour before they are to be shipped.  And there are piles of information on registrations which I will have to do at some point-probably a rush job like the two I just completed, which have sat now for a year!!  But do Not touch!!

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

DH recently asked me where the financial info is and I showed him but I have no confidence that he would find them althougth every file is labeled. DD will have to help him. Everyones systems are different. He doesn'l do computers either. In 1980 I was hospitalized for eight weeks with a heat infection. I thought I kept excellent records on the hogs.  He complained after I was home that he had been unable to figure out my system and had to start over with the breeding dates etc. My good records were thrown out.

I guess the bank records would have to be started over if I were not here too, by pencil.

0 Kudos