cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Contributor

Did anyone oversleep?

Or did you set your clocks ahead last night? It's going to take me awhile to get used to the time change. What do you do to keep youself from "losing the hour" of sleep?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Advisor

Re: Did anyone oversleep?

I actually woke up "early," after being up so late Friday night and taking the craft show trip yesterday.  I was whipped last night, and fell asleep hard. 

Today is nice and warm, windy and sunny.  Mike agreed to help me get my "Tramposter" invention started after lunch, so I got the linens done and the bed re-made early, so we could work together on that this afternoon.  

The kids' old trampoline bed was looking too holey, so I decided to remove the fabric, move the frame ot my gardne area, adn wrap it with a roll of lightweight fencing wire.  We used my tiny tractor with its loader to move the frame pretty much intact, and stashed the springs and cover in case I want a shade cloth over he center later in the summer. 

I now have a 15-foot diameter screened circle, three feet tall.  We have pitched the old planiting mix from my ten sheep trough beds into it, and have made a leal tarp by tying rope handles onto my smallest plastic tarp. 

Now, I can rake and drag to my heart's content.  When the thign has enoughof a mix of organic material in it, I think we'll top it off with some fresh sheep compost and plant pumpkins.  Mike is going to drill some extra drainage holes in the troughs, and the start re-filling them with fresh potting mix from his compost piles in the farm. 

It is a month before the last frost date of April 15th, but cabbages and such are okay to plant now.  I hope to get a few beds going later on in the week, and to move a couple to put herbs in as they start to appear at lowe's. 

i have taken my lunch break, and flipped some mroe loads of laundry.  My goal for the rest of this LONG afternoon is to finish cleaning out the pool house.  Pool company is coming to measure for the new liner tomorrow morning, and see what else needs repairing while we are at it.  We're adding a solar cover and reel, to hold in the heat and make the swimming season a bit longer. 

After several hours in the wind and sun, I will hopefully not lose a minute of sleep tonight.  Much easier to get up early, if you fall asleep in time to get enough rest!

0 Kudos
Veteran Contributor

It does feel weird being late in the afternoon now...by new time any ways. 

DD and I went to church this morning and when we came out an older member of the church was backing in her car I thought and then she pulled in straighter and got out of it by the time we got to our van.  She must not have known about the change for I know she was going into the church for service, not knowing she was a hour late and missed it.

Its cold here today in NW ia. but the snow is almost gone except for the big piles.

S.

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

I always need a couple of weeks to adjust to the time changes. DST in our state is a bad deal. There have been several children killed in the dark waiting on buses or hit by a bus. There are people trying to change it back to CT but I doubt it happens. Central time is our normal zone, not eastern.

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Been having some tummy troubles & they kept me up after my trip to the bathroom about 4 a.m.  Was trying to remember if I did the clock right & by then I was awake & afraid to fall asleep for fear of oversleeping.  Knew I had to get up & around for chores then church then pancake breakfast.  Then slipped off to do FIL's supplies - he went home today - and in to do a little shopping at the new Kohls.  Grand opening day & good prices on a couple things I needed. 

I'll try a nap if I get too tired from this time change.  I HATE it; especially moving earlier.  Takes a couple wks. to adjust.  The cows don't seem to ever like it either.

0 Kudos