cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Do you smile when

...you walk in your door?
May sound like an odd question, but I just realized that I was smiling as I walked back through the house for that last cup of coffee
this morning. It was a wonderful feeling, just being happy in my home.
There is plenty to fix along that path, and piles of books in a spot or three. None of it would ever earn the Good Housekeeping Seal
of Approval; but, we are healthy living here, so it must not be too bad.
We've been here for seventeen years, but I am just starting to feel that this isn't just our house, it's our home. It's been a long trip.

Anyone else smile when you arrive at home?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: Do you smile when

you are a lucky lady

sorry about that had a very blue night

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Re: Do you smile when

I am glad you find joy in your work, if not in the house. Please do not let your mood go that far astray again, before you seek help. Anyone who has ever dealt with depression can, I think, feel it coming on if it starts in that direction again. A bad day or even a week or so is one thing, but days on end is another thing entirely.

Honestly. If anyone shook a paper in my face, they would find it in a place where the sun doesn't shine. Either that, or spontaneous
combustion, while they were holding it.

My father was a bully over my mother, much as you describe your situation. I think I must have sworn to myself at an early age never to take that kind of crap off of anyone.

0 Kudos