cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Everybody OK?

Hoping that everyone is OK out there after this weekends ferocious weather.  Heard over 240 tornadoes touched down around the country.  Nothing unusual here in northern Maine - just a bit of snow and cold.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: Everybody OK?

OK here in IL but I have a 6" piece of the eve (sp?) swinging in the air off of our bedroom roof.  DH says he will go up & fix it.  Not sure that's a good idea.

We went away for one night to WI.  Supposed to go for the whole weekend but Fri. it was blowing so bad, raining, & lights flickering.  We knew we wouldn't enjoy ourselves worrying what was going on here.  It was just a little getaway as we hadn't celebrated our anniversary, or either of our birthdays.  When we left Sat. we ran into cold rain & snow.  Maybe should have gone south.  Of course, when we left on Sun. it was much nicer though colder than norm.

The only thing good about it was that I always feel bad it it's nice & people are working outside.  Makes me want to be home doing the same.  However, with this weather it was just a good day to curl up & watch TV or read. (Oh, alright.  I could have been spring cleaning!)

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

It is funny you mention spring cleaning...as the storms were brushing past us Saturday afternoon, I kept myself busy with putting things away, getting every last dirty piece of clothign through the waser and drier, etc.  I even did some baking, too...guess I wanted to be ready if the power went out.

Even that makes no sense, since we have a good generator to run everything here.  Maybe I just needed to keep my mind occupied, so as not to stare at the TV reports and get even more worked up. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Veteran Contributor

Getting one of the prettiest snows of the year right now.  Woke ds up and told him santa must be coming.  Boy its a freaky weather year.

S.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Getting deluged with rain this morning.  Glad it isn't snow.  I hear they are having snow north of us.  Guess there won't be any field work done for awhile again.  Can't imagine those dealing with floods, tornadoes and fires.  I did have my DH go up and check the attic this morning for leaks, I shouldv'e had him go to the basement and check for wet floor too.  But the daffodils are sure pretty!

0 Kudos