cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

FIL

While writing my "stain" post yesterday morning, DH called to me.  He got word from the nursing home that his dad had passed away.  I know he was in much more pain than he ever let us see so it is a blessing the Lord took him home.

He couldn't talk to us due to medication, but he looked DH right in the eye the day before as if he was going to speak.

This happened several times so we feel he knew we were there.  I stroked his head before we left & told him I hoped his pain would be over soon.  and it was. 

Then today it's a frantic day to get the haylage made & bagged so we're not tied up tomorrow.  We'll have to milk in the middle of the afternoon in order to get to calling hours on time.  And I'm frantically trying to get men to try on clothes to see if I need to make a dash for anything tomorrow.  They are not suit/tie guys here-seem to be better equipped for winter events.  Our church is quite casual in dress so the only time we seem to need such apparal is funerals & occasional weddings. 

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: FIL

Sometimes God answers our prayers by granting peace to those that are suffering.   Sorry for your family's loss.   Take care.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Linda, I am sorry for your loss.  You know he isn't suffering anymore.  Thinking of you...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Linda please accept my condolences.  Over the months your love and dedication to your FIL have been such a strong model of compassion and sacrifice for those of us who are struggling with the decline or care of an elderly loved one.  May God Bless You for all you did in this difficult situation. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Linda, please share my sympathy with your family, on the passing of your husband's father. I know you all worked hard to provide him the best care possible. He surely knew you were a good and loyal daughter- in- law.

Formal attire is hard for farmers to deal with, it seems. I know you will make them all presentable.

Take care.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

My sympathy to the family too. Yes, the pain is over now. You have done all you could.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

I like what Suey said.  God knows what he is doing even when we don't understand.

Prayers for you and yours.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

We lost my father eight weeks ago.  He also was ready to go Home.  Despite knowing that his time had come and that he was ready it was difficult and remains so for us.  The hope is that we will see him again.

So very sorry for your loss.  You, your husband and your family have our deepest sympathy

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

My condolances to you and your family. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Despite all of the farm work that needs to be finished, please take time to grieve. Prayers are coming your way.

0 Kudos