cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chick06
Veteran Contributor

Favorite GIft???

Ok. We have opened our gifts and what is your favorite. We really had a nice Christmas morning. I went and brought my parents to my house and my grandson was feeling good and had a great time. We had brunch and then opened gifts. The DH really did good, nothing like the quilt, but  I really did get some nice things. THe best one is my new Hot Steam Mop. Love it, I even used it yesterday afternoon after everyone left. I hate using the chemicals, so adding just tap water and using this mop was really simple. I love it. So did anyone get a gift they had to use on Christmas day???

0 Kudos
14 Replies
Kay/NC
Advisor

Re: Favorite GIft???

My "favorite" would be hard to point out.  Normally, I'd consider using the bookstore gift coupons the day after Christmas, but we have had over a foot of snow and it's still piling up.  The wind is getting up and starting  to drift it around now. 

I have used some of the new lotion, and have read one book I got from our youngest daughter.  The book has an online component with a 30-minute test, and I just cut the access code masl open before the other daughter and SIL came over for some leftover hot cider and a short visit.  I just logged back online to try that out...it looks like an interesting exercise.

Son gave me a neat hand-thrown ceramic oil lantern, and the clean burning Alddin oil for it from Lehman's.  It looks like it was made for our sideboard...but I hope we do not need to use it anytime soon!

0 Kudos
suey1973
Senior Contributor

Not alot to choice from here.    So it would be the Christopher and Banks Sweaters from my son. 

0 Kudos
dairy mom
Veteran Contributor

Mine would be the John Denver CD's.

0 Kudos
Sundae1964
Veteran Contributor

My favorite gift came from my sister...she had some diamond earrings made up out of one of moms rings and she gave a pair to me and one to DD, the next gift would be my socks form the sock swap! Thanks soilbabe!!  I wore them all day!! 

And I shopped for myself last week and my steam mop is on its way!!  lol

S.

0 Kudos
Kay/NC
Advisor

Tell the truth: you sing along. 

I've always thought John Denver was one of the most "singable" singers....every word of his lyrics as clear as a bell, and his range one a normal voice can reach. 

0 Kudos
dairy mom
Veteran Contributor

Of course I sing a long   My girls absolutely hate John Denver.  He has always been my house cleaning music.  They laugh and say "we always knew we were going to work hard the days mom put John Denver on".

0 Kudos
lawinkle
Advisor

You are very welcome!  I am glad you like them.

Besides my quilt, my favorite gift was two down-alternative king size bed pillows.  Like sleeping on a cloud and no more sneezing!  I actually stayed in bed until 8:30 this morning....did NOT want to get up! 

What is this steam cleaner/mop device you are all talking about?  You have my curiosity up!

0 Kudos
manureseller
Veteran Contributor

For me it's a toss up between the Kindle gift card from my niece and nephew and the flour sack dishtowels my mom made me with the horses on it.  LOL  I am going to go out on a limb and say that I don't need any dishtowels for awhile now.  Todd got me a wonderful card because there wasn't one thing that I wanted this year.  From me and the dogs he got a box of needs  LOL  New shoes, work pants, etc.  I did get him a CD that I had been wanting that I knew he would like as well and we listened to it on the way down to my parents place.  It was alot of fun to watch my dad open his home brewing Rootbeer kit. LOL  After everyone else left on Sat. he was in the kitchen getting things together to get started.  LOL  I knew he would like it.

0 Kudos
linda/IL
Senior Contributor

Not a lot here to choose from either.  Best probably was the two ceramic ornaments my 2 1/2 yr. old grandaughter made me from the local pottery store.  A treasure.  DS & DIL gave me some kitchen gadgets I asked for and 2 Gladys Taber books I'd mentioned.  DS#2 gave me a watch I wanted & my mom was too "busy" with my brother home to get to the local bank for cash or a check.  Smiley Sad  Shows where I come in at, right?  LOL   DH & I have spent enough on the new fireplace & TV.  Still haven't made it out for our anniversary.  Maybe we'll try getting away for a night in a month or so-after things settle down. 

Have to tell about DS#2.  He works/lives here & doesn't really have much of a need of a cell phone but wanted one.  They had a special deal for the holidays so I got him one.  As packages were being opened I called his number.  He was stunned as he fumbled through his packages to see what the noise was.  LOL

0 Kudos