cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Contributor

Friend Suggestions on FB

When on FB do you ever look over to the right and see friend suggestions....then think   NEVER IN A MILLION YEARS????? 

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Advisor

Re: Friend Suggestions on FB

Not so much that as the friend requests where you go  WHO IS THAT?

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

Not to mention the 'once removed' friends, you know, when you are reading something on a friend's page, and some of THEIR friends pop up.  Makes me wonder if some people just friend everybody, or they really know people that wierd?

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

The whole idea of using a photo of your cat or some cartoon avatar irks me...put you own mug on your profile.  I generally do not confirm a friend request unless the person uses their own image.

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

Unless it is someone I know fairly well, I agree.  I know a couple bachelors who probably don't even have a current pic of themselves, so I can forgive that, but yes, the cat or dog, or the car in front of the house sitting on blocks, I don't need to see.

Last I knew, I had a pic of the whole family, but sometimes the wife logs in on me, and changes the picture, so people have a more current pic.  It is either a family pic, or a pic of me and the kids, or just the kids, depending on her whim.  Doesn't bother me that she does that, as long as she doesn't airbrush me out, like the Russian Czars did, LOL.

However, if you want to see some odd stuff, click on some of the friends of friends, especially if you have some teenagers in your friends list.  For some reason, the same kids that will not allow an adult within 100 yards of their room, will 'friend' a couple hundred strangers, and tell them all about the zit on their nose. 

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

The Czars weren't the only ones who rubbed out faces in photos.  There are two versions of Mike's mother's grandfather's family...one with a young woman at one end of the back row, and one where she's gone, and there is just a shadow by the chimney.  It has been explained as a broken engagement...but, I don't know. 

Apparently Photoshopping is not a totally new technology. 

I have a few fairly young frineds...mine are mostly kids I train with in TKD.  That kind of connection keeps your posts clean, for sure!  I will ignore a request from someone I simply do not want to hear from every day, unless they are someone I already know and want to hear about that much.   

The whole drama of " friending and unfriending" people on FB leaves me shaking my head.  There are a couple of young moms on my list who think their kids are a lot cuter-acting than I do, but that is to be expected. 

I mostly signed up to keep tabs on the kids, and especially the one who passed away, since she was keen on tech and social media. 

Now, I look to see what's going on, upload a photo of Winn every so often...but, I am reminded of Jenna every time I open my home page, and see her at the top of my Friends list.  We did a lot of dreaming about her home fixup projects on late night chat, made plans for get-togethers, etc.  I am really missing that...talked last night with one of her two BFFs, and messaged back and forth with the other one.   

Good to be able to reach out and feel that kind of support....

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Sorry Kay...I am always behind the camera!  I did have a picture of the women in ag get together for awhile, but wanted something more personal to me...Nobody wants to take a picture of just me!

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

I hate when I get tagged in photos even if they are of me.  If I want the picture posted I will put it up myself.  As for my profile pic....it's of Rex....sorry but I don't have alot of pics of me in them.  One day soon I will change the pic to Paige...maybe the horses but that's the way it is. 

BTW Kay, I really think Winn would make a great new E-Trade baby with some of his facial expressions.  They crack me up.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

I wish you could hear his expressions in vocal terms...he is a real hoot. He had started " reading" his board books to me...when we turn a page, he has to make a few very cute " statements" about what's on that page. It is so funny to hear...I asked him if he wanted to read a book the other day, and his head whipped around to the stack of his stories on the table by our reading chair. He has six or seven that we read everyday. His latest trick is riling his tongue...problem is, he wants to show everyone he meets...and we have to explain that he is not win rude, just showing off his talent. We spent a good sum on a portrait session where he stuck his tongue out at his photographer the majority of the time.
0 Kudos