cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Contributor

Gena update

I've been MIA again for a few days. We got a call Thursday evening that my sister-in-law, Gena, had developed a severe brain bleed. They weren't able to do surgery, but did keep her on life support until my husband and his brother got there. She passed away early Friday morning, and her funeral was Tuesday. We just got home yesterday.

Some of you sent cards, and I know even more of you kept her and me in your prayers. Thank you for that. We've had amazing support from family and friends, and it definitely helps at a time like this. 

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Advisor

Re: Gena update

Oh, Lisa...I am so sorry.  Please share my sympathy with Jayson and his family. 

She was one tough little lady, and fought a hard fight.  I know you are all going to miss her sweet spirit. 

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

I thought you ladies might like to see the video slideshow I put together for Gena's memorial, so you can put a face with the person you've been praying for.

0 Kudos
Veteran Contributor

What a lucky lady to have been blessed with the love of family.  Prayers to all.

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

I am so sorry to hear about Gena's passing. The video shows that she lived the American Dream, a life filled with happiness and love from her family. She lived life to the fullest and that is one of many important lessons her younger relatives should learn.

0 Kudos
Advisor

Lisa, Please accept my deepest sympathy.  You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.  Thank you for giving us the opportunity to know Gena through your sharing. 

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Lisa, thank you for sharing that with us. 

It means a lot to see how a person lived, when you are sad about how they passed.

Gena obviously had a wonderful life with a loving family.  The one shot that really got to me was her in the little print coat, with the two shadows. 

I know it was probably not intentional in taking that photo, but the person with the camera - looked like probably her Mom - cast a huge shadow right next to her tiny one.  That image, and all it implied, was so touching...glance back at it, and I think you will see what I mean. 

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Kay, that's my favorite picture of Gena's younger days. I know it was unintentional when it was taken, but it's perfect. My mother-in-law made all of Gena's cute little outfits, including that coat and hat, and there's her shadow, taking Gena's picture on the first day of school (she fought tooth and nail to get Gena into "regular" school). Her mom really was in the shadows a lot, fighting in the background for Gena.

Thanks for all of your nice comments, everyone! I've been watching the video over and over. Laughing and crying.

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Thank you for sharing her life with us.  Looks like she brought alot of joy to your family.  My thought are with you at this difficult time.

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

So sorry to hear about this.  She seems like she was a special person. 

0 Kudos