Senior Contributor

Re: Guns

[ Edited ]

I'm having a hard time with the posts that are getting Kudos.

I think this is a very important topic that is not getting the attention it needs.  Too many people waving their hands in the air going "your not gonna take my gun".  Causing panic and paranoia and keeping the real questions from being asked.

We are a violent (and rude) society.  That needs to be addressed.  Guns aside I think we probably have the highest murder rate in the world for a country that is not in the middle of an armed conflict on our soil.

Why do Americans react with violence to so many situations.  Why do Americans when they get angry or upset or feel frightened react with violence.  I believe we do that much more than other countries.

If global collapse happens I believe our citizenry will be faced with more gun based peril than any other country in the world.  And that's a problem.

We're suppose to be the greatest country in the world and we can't stop killing each other. 

Kay I never said you weren't responsible with your weapons.  But tell me do you think the family in Kentucky(?) that bought a child's gun for their 6 year old and then apparently didn't teach him you don't point a gun at a person, were responsible gun owners?  I don't want to be in public with people like that if they are carrying a concealed weapon.