cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kay/NC
Honored Advisor

Have a cup of coffee with me, please....

Winn's gone home for now, and won't be back until riding lesson time, around five. I woke up in a fog this morning,could hardly climb out of bed...just pooped. He and I napped a good hour or more in the recliner at midmorning. I am watching Dr. Phil, who featured psychics today...very entertaining. I am glad the DVR lets me sleep when i can, and watch while I am having a quiet cup of coffee. My quick shot of espresso this morning didn't really wake me up. I got a fast sandwich lunch done for us and the kids, but still feel underwater. So, I am sipping a second shot of espresso right now, hoping it will perk me up enough to get a few things done. This was a week with every day on the road, from Sunday through yesterday, except one. Was it Ruby Lou who asked if she is still up to this stuff anymore? I think I am not going to be able to keep on living in the driver's seat this much anymore. I should be running the vacuum cleaner and dusting the furniture...but, you know what? The dirt will not disappear if I relax and rest a while, will it? I'll bet that the dirty laundry will still be sitting in the sorter later, too. My helper is coming tomorrow...all the paint prep is done at the stiore, so we move forward in the morning. I told hm where the keys will be, so we can sleep in a while. I've decided to treat us with a little bit of care for now. We are both really worn out with the stress of the past month, and it is going to be a long summer ahead...too wet to do anything but the early haylage so far, and I'd say we are three weeks behind on haying. One rental house on Mike's place is a wreck, and will take months to fix. We have to do that one before I get the cottage for our getaway. This is all just getting me down. Oh, well, thanks for the quick visit...my coffee's gone, and I need to get moving. Hope all of you have a great weekend.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Midwest Farm
Veteran Contributor

Re: Have a cup of coffee with me, please....

I'm sorry I saw this so late in the day...no more coffee, but I'll have a glass of cabernet with you. I'm feeling a bit blah myself, which is not like me. I've been trying to lose 17# for three months and have lost 6-7. blah. I'm not running/walking like I was, and so have no excuse. This over-50-and-trying-to-lose-weight stuff relies on not only food control, but EXERCISE - at least for me anyway. Like you and so many here I am going full-bore all day long, but I know it's not always aerobic. sigh.

On a good note, my last one graduates from high school this year, and got some unexpected scholarships at Baccalaureate! yay!!

Maybe I'm blah because I can still feel the swan song clinging to me 24/7, reading 24/7, ...and those days are long gone.

I know the answer...for me I delve into my pile of books or mess with my horse. ...(what's the old Winston Churchill saying: "the outside of a horse is good for the inside of a man"...or woman...??

If you could send some of your wet weather to the midwest our hay would appreciate it.

0 Kudos
Kay/NC
Honored Advisor

Thanks for the company...cab is fine, since it's after five now. 

Winn came back about that time, and hung with us until about 8:30...he left a few minutes ago.  Daughter had a good riding lesson with six kids this evening, including a new one.  Some of the regulars were gone for the holiday.

She loves riding, and I understand through her mood elevation whenever she rides, what you mean about the outside of a horse, inside of a human.  I get the same kind of lift from my little buddy.  He ate peaches for supper, then curled up in my lap for a cat nap.  Woke up in the sweetest mood imaginable. 

I am fighting the weight thing, needing to shed abotu 30 pounds for my black belt test in 2013.  Plenty of time but I was only off about 7 the last time I checked.  I took an hour or so to visit the secondhand shop friend this afternoon.  Found a neat chair for a re-do, with some funky paint and fabric.  That sort of thing lifts my spirits a lot. 

Will be  glad to ship you some rain...as soon as I can figure out where to stick on the stamp.  We need some sunshine for about two solid weeks now....

0 Kudos
swwisc
Contributor

You mentioned that your rental house was a "mess"?  I made a rental application that greatly reduced the problem renters and made renting so much easier.  If you would like I will send a copy of it to you. 

FYI,  if you're not getting enough sleep, you probably won't lose the weight...been there, done that.   Wouldn't come off until I logged almost 8 hours every night...then the weight dropped.  But you probably know this already.  That cortisol really messes up your system.

0 Kudos