cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Hot fun in the summertime?

When it is too hot to enjoy even the pool, I have decided to use the time in the AC to get certain chores behind us, indoors, so we can enjoy life outdoors again when things are more moderate.

Today, I finally had figured out how to compile some data for an EQIP application for NRCS. This one was worrying me,since the company we raise pigs for does not maintain data the way the engineers for USDA want to see it. When I woke up this morning, my
brain had apparently figured out the way to obtain the set of numbers, several hundred of them, in an hour nor so of Mike calling off room card totals to me.

Done, and with a few explanatory notes, ready plenty ahead of time for the September first date I had promised them to our county
NRCS guy. It feels so good to have that off my to- do list today.
So, if I can't do something fun, I am going to use this brutal heat wave to get some monkeys off of my back.

Yesterday, the chore from Hades was emptying the huge oak cabinet in the hallway. Nine storage crates later, it is done.

Do you keep a list of things you need to do, but dread doing?

I have concluded that knocking some of them in the head is as good a way as any other way I can spend my time this week.
Now that my top two are done, I need to move on to #3.

What is the # 1 thing you would like to get off your mind, that can be done in the cool?
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

PS

Am finding out that this is not such a bad time to get some honey- do stuff done, too. Mike fixed a light switch at the store this morning, and he raised the curtain rod that hides the pool's guts- filter, ion generator, and the heat exchangers - in the pool house this afternoon. This was in addition to reading off the year's worth of numbers to me.

Now, if we could just get this cabinet on rollers and out the door....
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: Hot fun in the summertime?

Our window units have been struggling to keep up, so on the hottest days we find ourselves at my parents' house, including sleeping over. Unfortunately that means the things that need done in my house aren't getting done. 

I will say it's almost never too hot to enjoy the pool! The boys and I usually go around 4:00, after all the daycares have left and the crowd has thinned out a bit. There's nothing I enjoy more in the summer than swimming with my boys!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Re: Hot fun in the summertime?

Lisa, sounds like you need some portable projects that can be done at your Mom's. The things I have been getting done this week are ones I would have never gotten behind me right now, if the permitted me to enjoy the outdoors instead.

Having a chronic health condition like diabetes, even if younhave it under pretty good control, still places one into the higher risk category in extreme heat. Add to that the smoke from wildfires - yes, the ground is burning again in the peat marshes - and we have air quality and heat warnings together. The haze on the horizon is both water vapor and smoke.
0 Kudos