cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Veteran Contributor

How do you eat them?

Pickled pigs feet?

It is national pork month and the radio station was giving away a $10 pork certificate for answering a question.  I got to thinking of what kind of canned pork there was...that wasn't the question though...some ham and then pigs feet came to mind....sooo what do you do to eat one? 

S.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Senior Contributor

Re: How do you eat them?

Sandy, I don't know but it's good to see you post.  Funny  thing that last night I was just thinking about you and that it had been awhile since I saw you post here.  Good to see you are still here. Smiley Wink

Love ham but pigs feet-nope!

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

I don't eat pigs feet either, but love my pork loin. We did one on the grill the other night and it was awesome. I have to say unless the Dr. would tell me I could never eat just vegetables, love my beef, pork and Chicken.

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

When I was a kid, the pigs feet were pickled in a vinegar brine. the little meat was very good.

At the farmers market, we were asked if we had pig feet to sell and I asked how he used them. He said the broth from cooking them is wonderful and rich and he uses it many ways.

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

I remember adults eating pigs' feet when I was a kid, usually on vinegar with salt and pepper in a big bowl. I have also heard ot them being cooked down in barbecue sauce, and the meat eaten.

As far as eating pork, we hog farmers appreciate all you consume...I always say, " Eat all you want...we'll raise you more!"
0 Kudos