cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Advisor

I'm getting really tired of the screwed up workings of these forums

Sometimes I have to sign in 3 times, other times it all works.  This morning I got a notice of a response to a thread I had replied in.  I clicked the link in the email and not only did it go to bad address, when I signed in and navigated my way to the thread there was no new response in it!

In discussions (some actual face to face live without a computer !) with other folks over the last few months I find fewer and fewer are frequenting the agriculture.com forus for that very reason.  So, how are these forums working for you?

0 Kudos
14 Replies
Senior Contributor

Re: I'm getting really tired of the screwed up workings of these forums

I am surprised, I thought you were the expert at this? I only have to sign in every few weeks. Once I have done that, I have no problems.

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Have been missing you and several more, mike.  I hope that they can figure it out, since it does dampen the discussions when some of our most interesting people are MIA.

To answer you specifically, it goes in spells.  I had to log in yesterday on the laptop...but my machien had a tuneup Monday, so that was maybe due to some settings in it being spiffed up or something, I thought.  I had to log in several times within the last week or so, I think, and it is a PITA.

In general, I get e-mails whenever a post goes up on a thread I've posted to, not just responses to my own posts.  The links seem to work pretty well.

Mobile app is easy to surf on, but I have to log in virtually every time I try to post from DROID.  That is a shame, given how many people use smartphones to drop in while away from home.  I think it is not my phone's fault, since FB and amazon work fine with it. 

Hope this helps, 'cause we miss you here on the women's board, fella! 

0 Kudos
Advisor

Re:I thought you were the expert at this?

remember, an ex is a has been and a spurt is just a drip under pressure

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

I have to sign in every day, so I usually just read and I don't post near as much as I use to. I am always on FB with friends, and really wish more would use our private site on there. I don't have the time to check both places, but I still love this site.

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

I'm pretty much like Kay and only have to sign in occasionally.  However, I still can't get my paragraphs to space and the reply to message loads so sloooooow.  I'm not a very good FB poster but I do check in occasionally.  Guess I should get with it-not on FB for this site.

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Linda, if you want to check out our private site on FB, look for Women In AG. It is private, so when you hit on join, we will approve you. Women In Agriculture, is the site for this site, it is also a great site, and has more members.

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

I hope I'm not butting in on the conversation, but for the life of me, I can't seem to find the group on Facebook. Could you help?

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

I was already signed up for the one that links to this site, but it is stale, nothing posted there since February.  Maybe someone else can get you there. 

0 Kudos
Advisor

I just went over there to look and see how I could help you.  If you want to send me your name in a private message on here I will issue you an invite to join that group.  Otherwise just do a search when you are on your FB wall for Women in Agriculture" and it should take you to where you can request to join.  Hope this helps.

0 Kudos