cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Contributor

I really want to hurt my husband right now....ARG!!!!

Okay, not really but I'm still supremely annoyed with him and myself at the moment.  In an earlier post I said about making Todd get the clothes from upstairs to do laundry.  Well he used my iPod the other day and came in the house to shower.  I told him to bring his clothes down so they could go in the last load of wash.  Guess what got washed because he didn't clean out his pockets and I didn't think to look before throwing the last load in.  Yep, my iPod....it's my fault for not checking pockets but geesh....you would think that you'd feel the ipod in your pocket and take it out at the same time you take out your wallet and what not. 

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Honored Advisor

Re: I really want to hurt my husband right now....ARG!!!!

I would hurt him in his pocketbook. When you borrow something, it is your responsibility to return it in good condition. I would double that sentiment, if he took out everything of his of value, and left the iPod behind. Grownups should empty their own pockets....
0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

PS: I Googled the question

There are seceral reasonable suggestions for airing it out for seceral days to several weeks. Some say to pack it in a sack of dry rice...you might chat live with apple support for ideas, too. I would be more worried about all the content than the device. Is tht all stored in the Cloud?
0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Re: PS: I Googled the question

My DH learned to empty his pockets years ago after I washed a billfold and lots of paper money, maybe it was two billfolds.

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

It took several billfold washings & also a couple pocket watches before he learned I don't always check.  His responsibility.  The pocket knives don't do well in the dryer either.

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

I cannot remember if it was two or three bean checks I washed, before he learned. Cigarette lighters, never his railroad watch, though. He never forgot that, because he hadvto have it on him and working to go on duty.
0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Re: I really want to hurt my husband right now....ARG!!!!

I only had music on it and it's all backed up on the "cloud" but still....annoyed!!!!  He's going to take $$ out of his bonus to buy me a new one, I already shared that info. with him.  LOL  Actually it'll be sooner because I use my iPod for scouting and need the tunes while out in the field.  I don't use it for photos or books or anything like that...just music. 

0 Kudos