cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Re: In heels?

Like with some of the very vivid childhood memories of clothing I was wearing at specific times and places, I can also recall the tames I thought, " Oh, CRAP!" right before having to ruin a favorite or brand new pair of shoes. Probably from stepping IN crap!

One issue I have to be mindful of is avoiding dry-cleaning. I uses to do so because of the inconvenience and expense. Over the years, it has gotten so it is due to sensitivity to the smell of chemicals that lingers in the fibers they treat.

Before I buy any garment, I read the care tag. It has to at least withstand hand washing to come home with me. With shoes, I a, mostly attentive to the soles.heels, so as not to suffer slips and falls. Non- loading lugs are nice for hikers and sneakers, so as nota to add to the cleaning chores in the house and office.

We do keep my cad and Mike's good truck free of manure. Plenty of other vehicles have already been sacrificed to the smell....
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Laundry is never completely done when you have too many clothes, I think.
We each keep a set of a few pairs of work pants or shorts, and a basket of tee shirts. If we had more, I would be tempted to delay laundry until I had many loads. This way, something gets washed just about every day. IfI am run ragged away from home in a given week, I can catch up in one day, with no more than four loads.
When something is worn and washed to death, it goes to the shop ragbag. Probably, a lot of things should go e before they do, but we have noticed that the pigs don't care what we wear. !
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

It's amazing to me how stunning every women can look in a simple, expensive, black dress that she purchased from the 75% off sale rack along with a single strand of pearls and matching earrings

And then the icing on the cake is when she speaks words of kindness and wisdom flow . . . .

This, to me is a win/win lady  Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Glad to hear I'm not the only one who hangs out laundry or makes a mad dash to the car for a forgotten item in her PJs, LOL! I can stand behind the fence in our backyard and watch the kids get on the bus, but the fence is about chest-high, so they can't see in. I often wait out in my PJs keeping an eye on the kids, and if they're being naughty I threaten to come out there in my nightgown and walk them onto the bus. That makes them behave real quick ... bwahahahaha!!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

No heels for this gal for a long time either.  They throw my back out faster than anything.  I also have a bad knee & my one foot pronates so I'm very picky about shoes.  I try NOT to wear them out to the pasture to help as I'm like a magnet for "stuff".

We live on a really busy road so I have to really dash to make it to the clothes line, etc. in my bra.  Why do we worry about it?  Victoria's Secret ads are much more provocative.  (maybe that's why LOL)  But getting up in the middle of the night to chase or move cows & mamma's is something else.  And neither my neighbor or I had a bra on when we chased them off the interstate that memorable 4th of July I wrote of.

I try & change out of good clothes when I get home as I'm often grabbing a pan & starting a meal and as I stated, I'm a magnet.  Even with an apron on I often get a splash of something in the area where I'm not covered.  Then I'm fighting the stain. 

Speaking of that-what do you use for different stains on clothing?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Lisa - love your story about the fence.  Smiley Happy   Some mornings I get a call from our son asking if I can drive over to his place and get the grandkids onto the school bus.  Most of these mornings I'm busy working at getting myself ready for work so I typically drive over, right out of the shower, in my robe.  I always say a prayer that I do not need to get myself out of that vehicle. 

Linda - I am so chuckling about the 'bra thing' and Victoria's Secret.  Our clothes line is between our house and our barn.  If it were just Jeff and I working this farm my good guess is that I too would be running out of the house to grab something off of the line in undies.  Smiley Surprised

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Speaking of shoes...

...Mike heard on the news the other day that those "exercising" shoes with the thick, rocker soles (Skechers, Reebok, etc. make them, as do several other manufacturers), are being reported to have caused accidents and injuries.  I think we discussed them a while back, and advised against using them if you have any balance problems at all. 

Maybe a Google search will turn up more info; but,I thought I'd share this today, before anyone buys some and realizes later they weren't the right thing to do....

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Stains

To get most stains, I use Oxy Clean stain remover spray...and wash the load with a scoop of Oxyclean in the dispenser.  I can say fo sure it foams a blood stain and other organic stains out extremely well. 

I am a grease magnet, too, but fortunately rarely fry anything at all.  Dawn dishwashing detergent is really good at cutting grease on anything else, so might help with grease stains on clothes, too.  I alwasy thought that was hype, and it was hard on my skin; but, I bought some when they came out with the pink kind that is easier on your hands. 

Found it at Sam's about a year or so ago.  I use it on EVERYTHING that has any stickiness to it that might remotely be greasy.  Ivory has lost a loyal customer.....

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Re: Stains

I'm on the same band wagon singing praises with Kay on Dawn as a grease/oil buster.  BTW Dawn works great to dissolve the oil of Poison Ivy/Oak on the body or articles of clothing.   A nurse friend also told me the little secret to get out blood stains if there is nothing else around . . . Hydrogen Peroxide.  Foams it up and poof disappears on the spot and won't leave a stain or a discoloration of any fabric. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: Stains

I so love soft water.   Almost all stains come out with just Tide in the wash.   On the occasional stain on something good I'll use one of those "stain sticks"  or  Shout .   Blood is no problem with soft water. 

0 Kudos