cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Re: Stains

I believe that hydrogen peroxide is the " oxy" in Oxyclean.

I also learned in first aid training that Dawn is the only dish detergent acceptable for use in cleaning a wound. I think that was part of my decision to give it another try. I don't do a lot of dishes by hand, but Ivory was the only product I could tolerate for what little I do. This new pink Dawn is mild, but still does a number on grease, too.

I am looking at my nice, shiny candle lanterns on the porch this morning, thanks to Dawn.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: In heels?

We live too far from the road for anyone to really see if I was au natural or not. With this heat, it is very tempting for a quick check on the vehicles. Smiley Surprised

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Where WW lived in VA, there were enough woods and rolling hills, and we were 3/4 mile from the road, so very private. Here in NC, the land ismlfat, and the woods doesn't stand between the house and the road, which is only 1/4 mile away, so even though other people think it is private, I fee this house is totally exposed.

Add to that the drivers of several company trucks, all of which are scheduled by a dispatcher...the live hauls are supposed to be on amset of times, but that is merely a suggestion for the last few weeks. I never know when someone will be rolling through, sitting in a good, high observation seat on a semi tractor.

Design of this house is too open to even feel very good about walking around inside it in the buff. I was walking through airing out after a shower one day, and encountered the local vet standing in tahe kitchen. He had dropped by to execute some health forms for the company, and juat let himself in. Fortunately, i had a split second to duck behind a doorway, and he was blind as a bat.

Anyone else ever have an embarrassing moment like that one?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

I don't have an episode to beat that. Thank goodness we don't have your traffic going by the house. We also don't have people that are willing to let themselves into another person's house either. "Unexpected guests" are treated the same as nasty people here.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Our bathroom door is across from the big dining room picture window which is in line with the driveway.  But I occasionally make a dash in the buff or with a towel after peeking out. 

Around here it's pretty much "open house" to neighbors if they have a dish to drop off or a paper to leave.  My mom in town has her house locked up tighter than a drum even when she's there during the day.  Aggravating when I'm standing with both hands full of a casserole, etc. and have to get a key.  Or when she has the garage walk thru screen door locked too.  I tell her if a crook in our little pop. 900 really wanted in these old locks are easily broken.  Our house is usually always always unlocked during the day.  I know we are too trusting or careless.

This reminds me of the story of the lady who was in her basement running a load of laundry & decided to throw in the clothes she was wearing.  She saw her son's football helmet & put it on her head & started to take a load of clean clothes up when the meter reader cleared his throat & stated "I don't know what team you're playing for mam, but I sure hope they win"!

I know-probably bogus but worth a giggle.  And before you say the meters aren't in the basement let me tell you.  Our electric meter years ago in town was in the upstairs hallway.  We always said it was because the young widow lady we bought it from had "intentions" on the meter readers!

0 Kudos