cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Honored Advisor

It's always something...

...to keep it interesting around here. Daughter called about ten p.m. It had been sleeting since about dusk, ice everywhere.

Hired man had called her, to get someone to come get him, wife, and five kids, aged eight to zero, at the hospital. She and SIL declined, told them to get hauled to a hotel room in town. Hospital will handle that. No way we are going to take a chance on killing ourselves....

Jenna' s wreck was theee years ago this Friday. All I asked both kids today, when we talked either here ( daughter) or on phone (son), was to get themselves set and stay home. Of course, these two idiots load up five tiny kids and hit the road for God knows what.

I didn't even ask how bad it was, because they were being discharged, and obviously the vehicle will not bring them home. This bunch is runjing perilously close to being gone anyway.

He got caught in a lie about where he was on Saturday, while work was supposed to be getting finished. Had to put my foot down that payday is no longer Friday, but when the week's work is done.

Guess I can count on being called into action from the second string...in the worst cold we have had since 1985. Just when you think things are smoothing out...!
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Senior Contributor

Re: It's always something...

Kay,  I hope you have an uneventful week.   You need that.     Its sounds as though the hired guy doesn't make great decisions all the way around.  

We keep getting just enough snow to make driving treacherous .. its slick and visibility is not good.   I knew this morning was going to be a slick one when went to let the dog back in after her morning outing and she slide into the back door in her rush to get back in the warmth.  Doubt it will slow her down the next time but we don't allow her to drive either! Smiley Wink   On a more serious note, I watched several cows slipping as they walked up to the feed this morning.   Don't like the looks of that but not sure what we could do, they are on a snow covered field that should provide good footing.    DS had a 2 hour delay for school which helped but sounds like the snow will come in again this afternoon.   He informed me on his way out the door that we needed to go to town after school and get a suit for prom.  I don't think so!

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Mike and I just had to put our foot (foots/feet?) down on daughter, not to risk her safety to go pick up the dummies. She said they had rear-ended the car ahead of them, evidently when they couldn't stop on ice.

Two windows blown out of vehicle, towed to a wrecker service, they all took two ambulances to the ER...one child, obviously not secured properly, had a gash in his head. I am sorry he got hurt. Obviously not seriously so, or the ER would have admitted him.

They are laid up in town somewhere. She was fussing about having no help with three loads set back to tomorrow to go out, and one coming in. Mike said if guy isn't home, he will cover...no pay for work not done. We jphave been nicety-nice too long.

Our point is that as long as we keep pulling them out of the flames of stupidity, they will never stop starting fires. They had gotten a few hundred dollars in tax refund last week, so have some resources to bail themselves out of this bog. If consequences fall only on others, they will not ever learn. I am sure they left the water to freeze up at their house, too. Tough. Really fed up with them!

I am just picturing us two old people trying to function with daughter and SIL on 8-day vacation starting Friday. Supposed to snow on top of this ice all weekend. I was hoping to get to clearing up some more of the clutter that has accumulated while we were coping with life's worst curve these last three years.

Made progress, until the 12-hours with Winn yesterday. He just left at one, to go nap with his dog at home...will be back late afternoon, so she can re-check things that were left hanging to see if sun will melt things a bit this afternoon.

I am sorry to vent...admit I am in an ill mood about all of this. Oh, well, time to get a move on! Stay safe, all!
0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

I feel for those innocent kids for a lot of reasons.   They are being subjected to danger by an adults stupid decision but maybe worse yet, they are not being shown a good example.   But not much you can do about it.. sad.    

The snow is coming down here again...  not exactly what we need.

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

So far, just what we jnow in six months of driving at most, he got one ticket for not having seats for some of them. This is his second mishap...again, that we know of. Wheel came off prior car. This time, he rearended someone else.

So far, he tried to reach daughter while she was working and her phone didn't ring. She called back, and his wife answered at the Waffle House, where they were evidently being fed for free. I guess they will turn up eventually.
0 Kudos