cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frequent Contributor

Kay/Trail Cam

In December you mentioned a trail cam as a gift when I posted asking for ideas for my dd(she wanted an xbox)SUNP0021.JPG. She has so far caught deer, turkey, a coyote and her dad on film and the batteries are still going. It took us a while to get the right spot but it catches something almost daily. Here is a picture she captured on the 11th.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Honored Advisor

Re: Kay/Trail Cam

Cool! You did pick a great vantage point to set it up.

Some suggestions for other ideas, put it near your bird feeder, or at a hummingbird feeder, or near a bird house, and see if the birds can trigger the cam. Ours is set up down low, right where Mike puts dry catfood out, for strays that happen by ( he will not let anything go hungry).

We caught many birds, cats, the pup from next door, and an opossum, so far. I want to move it further out, and see if we can catch the buck that bellowed at me in the yard last fall, or some of the coyote Mike heard behind the house last week. I got a wider-view cam at Sam's right before Christmas. Trying to decide where it should go now....

Glad she is having fun with it. Anyone can play Xbox...she is making a record of what is fiddling around the farm. It is intriguing, isn't it?
0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor

Yes she is having fun, she is one that likes to hunt, so it works out well. A friend from the sale barn said they gave one to their son who is in a wheelchair and he captured coyotes fighting which was quite a sight, she said. He is older than our daughter but what a neat thing to be able to see. I will have to get her to set it up by the bluebird boxes, they should be in the area soon.

0 Kudos
Senior Advisor

I heard tell of a deer hunter that put  trail camera out to studythe movment of deer in the area. A few of his buddies hired a couple of strippers to romp around on his trail.

0 Kudos
Advisor

And what did your buddy think of those men!!!
0 Kudos