cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Kitchen Table

I have said before that I would love for all of us to sit around a big kitchen table and meet each other one day. The new site will take time to get use to, so maybe we can think of it as a new kitchen table. I just hope no one gives up on it, we really have a great group of women and I have come to rely and vent to all of you. I know I am having trouble using it, but I think it is worth while to keep in touch with my BEST friends.

11 Replies
Senior Contributor

Re: Kitchen Table

I'm still hanging in here.  I so hope everybody is just lurking & waiting for the site to settle in.  I'd sure hate to see this group of friends float away.

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Maybe it was intentional on their part but the timing seems funky to me....why not launch it in mid winter when all of us have our crops in and we have time to sit and fuss with it? 

Sping, with planting, kids activities, yard work, everything else going on, we are all too busy to learn something new.  But, on the other hand, maybe because it is such a busy time we haven't "lost" people...maybe we are just going through our usual downturn of traffic because of the busy season....

I hope so....I feel like we left half of our sisters behind and I am waiting for them to come back to the kitchen table...

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

I honestly do not see that this is such a difficult transition, unless you just have a phobia about anything new.  SF has made it abotu as painless as they can, and I for one have wanted thte mobile acccess fo quitre a while. 

Maybe it's because I hav to adjust to a new DB with these online classes every semester, but you have to be a bit adaptable when you step outside your door, even electronically.  You can find anything  you need and use as much of this site as was available on the old one in a few seconds, once you follow the link here.  Figuring out avatars and stuff like that that takes more of your involvement can be done as you find more free time. 

Senior Contributor

Thanks for your comments, everyone. I don't think the transition is so difficult that it would drive people away. The new format has several features our users have asked for, but we were unable to provide with the former groups (spell check, easy uploading of photos, mobile access, etc.). 

It's a busy time for everyone, but here's hoping the rest of the gang will join us around the table soon. I'll bake a pie and put on some coffee to welcome everyone back. Smiley Very Happy

77i1B8E7BA688F4AC1B

0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor

I'm not going anywhere, either.  But on the other hand, I will probably never post pictures or want any of the fancy extras.  Simple talk around the kitchen table makes me happy and I'll stick around just for that. Smiley Happy

Honored Advisor

You know, Lisa, SOME of us can gain weight by just looking at a picture of pie....

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

LOL, Kay ... I am one of those people! This is rhubarb custard cream pie and is my absolute favorite. I think I just gained a pound typing that.

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Smiley Very Happy  Lisa, I have a recipie that is very simular.   Rubarb Meringue Pie.   Just make meringue  and it will add even more smiles  and calories!!!

0 Kudos
Veteran Contributor

I am still here, I have been bouncing between the 2 boards. I still have the other one bookmarked. I too, don't want to loose the friend I have here.

0 Kudos