cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Honored Advisor

Re: Knee update

I refused the ortho egging me on to have a knee replacement eight years ago. I felt I was too young, have toughed it out since then. This stretching my trainer does is supposed to break bound-up strands of stuck-together connective tissues, .i believe. Frankly, it works so well, I don't care how it dues what it does.
0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

I am interested in what kind of training she has? Surely more than just PT.

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

She isn't a PT, she's trained for thi sstretching via the Gray Institute out of Florida.  They evidently train all sorts of professionsal, such as masage therapists, trainers, etc., to use this type of therapy.  It is well known in professional sports circles, I think.  Tiger Woods goes there, this girl stretches a NASCAR driver.

She has gotten my lower extremities in such better shape, we are now working on the shoulder that was injured maybe a dozen years ago in a minor auto accident.  Has hirt ewver since.  There is more dammage the longer this type of thing sits untreated.  Chiropractic hasn't gotten the job done. 

I cannot tell you how badly the work hurts while she's doing it..I end up with tears in my eyes sometimes during the set.   She is nice, but positive about getting to the source of  the chronic pain.  Thirty minutes of that a week is a price I have ot pay, to have  a better life the rest of the time. 

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Sure wish I could find someone like her near me.  I'm really stoved up tonight.  Been working on relish today, not doing a lot of "over the sink" work but must be enough. Between my shoulders is a spot that is throbbing.

Plus stress.  Trying to please everyone, and concerned about DS#2 as he has been unusually quiet.  We have gone several times without him and have two trips planned in Oct. alone.  We do need this time but he has no friends to hang out with.  There are times that every little thing gnaws at my peace, worrying me, and right now I seem to be in that mode.  The devil is at work.

Shoes:  I also wear an insert but I'm sure I need a new update.  My favorite walking shoes are really shot but still keep my foot/knee lined up better than the new ones so I still grab them.  New Balance.  But not all of the same brand work for me.  I found a shoe source online for New Balance & the gal I spoke to helped me find the correct number/style according to my problem.  However, I lost the site.  Used to like Avia and Nike but NB works better.

Brooks is another I tried on and I'm going to look at them closer-hopefully find a sale.  My Ariat work boots really are great for farming and Clarks are the only dress shoes in my closet.  Would like to find another brand also.

Turkey, I feel so badly for you.  Hope you can find some help physically and for your legal issues.

0 Kudos