cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Honored Advisor

Laundry fairy?

Daiughter dropped six loads of clothes in the office today...one washing, and five more on the floor. Her machine is quitting on her, and a new one is on order. 

I was at her house with Winn this morning, up until one or so this afternoon, so am just getting into them good.  He has a stomach bug, so was vomitting every 20 minutes or so...let's just say I had to were some of her clothers home, sorry if that's TMI.... 

Ended up sending them to the pediatrician as I left, and came back to start washing, drying, and folding for them.  This happens very infrequently, but today I am the Laundry Fairy. 

I don't mind this little bit of help at all, but I am not the one who will be bringing you a big baked dish as a rule.  I would rather clean than cook. 

When someone you love needs help, what is your title? 

0 Kudos
12 Replies
Senior Contributor

Re: Laundry fairy?

unfortunately it's almost always "grandma who is too far away"

0 Kudos
Advisor

Grandma Lu. We're not very creative around here...lolol
0 Kudos
Advisor

My wife says the laundry fairy was killed by the dust bunnies under her washing machine

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

My kind of woman...I hope to purge those rodents later on this week here. Found those pedestal drawers for our main laundry machines on clearance a couple of weeks ago, but had to wait for men with free time to help install them. That time window opens this week. I hope I have the stamina to make the most of it....
0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

When we pulled the dryer (gas) out from the wall the floor was, of course, filthy.  Inch of dust, mice droppings, stuff that fell off the top of dryer, etc.  Disgusting.  DH said "When was the last time you cleaned here?!!"  Like I can hurculean this monster out.  Guess the laundry fairy hasn't been here lately.

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

I use a long vent cleaning brush to get under the washer and dryer every now and then.  Gets the lost objects and dust bunnies and some of the dirt but doesn't do much for the grime.

The one I'm kind of worried about is the refrigerator.  I know it hasn't been moved in a couple of years.  Last time it was moved was by my second son after he dropped a carton of milk right as he pulled it out of the frig. 

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

I prefer to be a garden fairy!  Outside is the place for me!  Funny when I come home and my DH has put laundry in because I have been a bit lax on getting his jeans or long underwears washed!!!  Hey, I don't wear them, how am I supposed to know he is running low!!!!

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Dairy mom, I know my fridge is filthy underneath.  I try to get my vacuum hose under there but it doesn't do much I'm sure. 

Dryer comes tomorrow; told the guy to bring the other fella to hook up the gas.  At this point, I don't care to argue the point.  Lesson learned.  Ask about all issues before  saying you'll take it.  My old dryer is actually working although it's pretty noisy but the repairman, who has nothing to gain, wasn't on board with my using it due to it being a fire hazard from motor freezing up.  I figure it will go out when I have something I truly need to dry and it will be on a weekend.

0 Kudos
Advisor

My refrigerater is on wheels.  I pull it out fairly regularly to vaccum under.    Washing machine,  I have to clean out the screens on the hoses and have to pull it out to do so.   I broom sweep several times a year.    Pull out the drawer on the bottom of the electric range regularly too.   Dryer,  never move it.    

I"m thinking in my remodel of the kitchen next door I want a small floor drain right under the washing machine to deal with that once every 35 year broken event.    On an unfinished concrete floor nothing of value was hurt.  

0 Kudos