cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: Longer view...

First of all I am not disagreeing with your premise that handouts create more handouts. However, why are there tax deductions or credits for charity donations, for creating jobs (now located mostly overseas), and equipment (doesn't have to come from US). Is the entire world becoming more cutthroat business-like and less labor friendly? Why couldn't these tax deductions be better utilized for labor-intensive production? It costs a business more money to hire people than to buy equipment that can be deducted in a single year. We are creating a world that businesses live on the dole, generational welfare receipants live on the dole and government rings up the debt. I'm not discounting that you have seen the worst of the worst in your job. It is just as true there are too many businesses that will only hire workers that fit very narrow standards.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: Longer view...

I'm truly sorry if I'm posting this when it has little bearing on this topic but I've been truly pressed for time trying to catch up since the funeral & haven't the time to read everything.  But this came into my email from a friend & I thought it was pretty good.

"The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living"

0 Kudos