cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Honored Advisor

Re: Losing it?

I agree that such observable body changes ought to be examined. Men lose muscle mass as they age, but the belly fat can be signs of something like diabetes. That makes you feel like crap, I can say from experience.

A microwave could be as little as $50 dollars, in some of the back-to-school specials I have seen in college towns. If you have employee lounge space, that could be moved there later, when the range vent one is replaced.

It sounds as though he is feeling scrutinized over every cent. That can be very frustrating, and even demeaning.

Glad your washer has a warranty fix coming. I would keep track of foregone salary until things are back on track...that is owed to you!
0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Oh, he started showing before he was one, so is coming up on two years of pulling his own stats! Lead lines let very young children " ride".

It is probably wishful thinking on our part. She just cannot be the top dog, and take off for days on end, too. The buck stops here...but just for now!
0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

It may sound sort of silly, but wanting to have an independent operation, inasmuch as cattle are the last nearly independent type of livestock left around here, may have more to do with Winn than I had realized. It caught in my throat the other night, when I was talking to the man we are planning to buy our herd sire from next month.

I really want to have something that is our herd, with our decisions, our results. This feels right. Stress is temporary. Son and helper have helped us a lot in Va. SIL has taken a big interest here.

Mike pulled the last wire on this pasture today. We toasted that over supper, as well as some good news son had called about in his business. We agreed we will toast when the cows cross the path to this new pasture, and again to our first calf. Lots of milestones ahead.
0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Interesting question. I have considered myself retired for a few years now but it wasn't until just these past few months that I really feel retired. I now think I don't really have to do that now. But I do believe that women especially ones in the country can never really retire like men can. There is always the household chores, the cleaning and cooking and bookwork etc. I cannot be like my good friend in town who just keeps her house spotless and unclutered and goes out to eat every night and has no hobbies. I would find that very boring.

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Just got off the phone with an old friend, who has sort of moved along, but not totally. I had posted a comment to one of her posts about a pet of hers, that needs his leg amputated. Sad story.

Anyway, we got going pretty well in conversation. She offered me some young guineas, since she always has many to spare. I want some to forage ticks in the yards in Va. We talked about when we will both be back in TKD...my private ckasses start September 8th, Winn's first preschool morning. I do not want to shop, or be at odds and ends while he is having this experience. She has to deal with this poor dog....

I invited her to come with me to Jenna's, when she gets him squared away. I used to take her to our instructor's studio with me every week for several years. I know she will like the place, if she can get away to go.

I explained to her my decision to move the glass and weaving there...when we are in Carolina, I am with Winn, at the gym, doing bookwork, or involved in housework and cooking. When we are in VA, now with the houses there coming to the end of projects and repairs soon, I will have the free time to craft. I know as Winn spends more hours and days each week in school, I will be obsolete around here.

It would drive me buggy to have nothing to do all day. If I choose to do nothing, that is one thing...I am resting between chores a lot today. Even that time has been spent researching new recipes, making cards for some we've liked, and some new ones to try. Many I am finding online. We have gotten so eating out is a sure way to get digestive problems. Sticking it out longterm low carb into paleo will require some new skills and ideas.

Retiring is a remote notion to us, a lot because we are only sixty, and our folks kept busy into their eighties. It isn't an example we have seen or know how to follow. The division of household and farmstead labor shifts back and forth over time, deoending upon whatever else is going on.

If we don't expect leisure, we won't be too disappointed, will we?
0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

As it has turned out, I decided to go in the opposite direction to Sam's Friday late.  Didn't get home until almost nine. Managed by myself, but the lists will have to be shorter, trips more often, I think. 

Saturday, I got up and put on my happy face, decided to do a cardio workout at the gym in town.  Bumping into people I like there is a positive thing. 

Followed that up with some grocery shopping, and pet needs procurement.  Nice, quiet evening here with Mike, and he's open to us getting away next weekend.  I think he knows this place eats me alive. 

Daughter called to ask me to watch Winn while she walked through the hogs today.  A couple of hours, mostly bathtime and snack, some Mickey, helping fold and put away clothes.. 

He was whipped from a late night at the horse show.  Listening to his perspective of all that is funny...he tells pretty good stories for his age. 

Have spent the rest of the afternoon making some of the groceries into side dishes for the week's meals.  Finished writing a letter that has been brewing in my heart for two months, a reply to my mother's birthday card to me in June.. 

Plan to go inside and start registering the new tablet I found on Friday, which will be dedicated to use for the waste management recordkeeping and cattle enterprise.  Just received an email from someone I had contacted in the regulatory agency that polices our manure handling activities, linking me to the fillable forms I need. 

Eartags for cows and calves in order...some texts to draft and send.  Bulls stats emailled by the breeder to study.  Have got supplies found online on the way. 

Lots getting done for an "off" day.  I just decided to make the best of things I could.  Mostly, I didn't want to sit around and eat my weight loss into oblivion...that's happened way too much this month. 

Most days I am stuck here, I eat.  I realize now that this is the origin oost of my weight problem to start with...so, I am going to keep moving, until I drop! 

0 Kudos