cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Lost day....

After our lovely, very bust day yesterday, I woke up with an uneasy feeling in my tummy. Was full-fledged sick by nine.

Mike had gone out before eight, to receive dump truck loads of gravel, and I didn't see him until lunchtime. Starting to feel a bit feverish by then, and haven't kept even my go- to remedy of ginger ale down at all the whole day. Feeling really puny, dehydrated.

Sent him back south about four, as he had to haul the utiiity trailer from bringing up the bike back, and wanted him in before dark. I feel too bad to even ride, much less drive Jenna's little car back.

The theory is he gets the hay that he found to buy the other day hauled tomorrow. Crossing my fingers I get up feeling lots betterby daylight. He called daughter, and told her I am too sick to take care of Winn, and don't want him to catch this crud.

Got him to follow up on the UTV deal today, and delivery is set for Saturday. He will be hauling the last bike up early that morning. We are hoping to bring along a couple for an overnight, so we can pick up my SUV from the Mazda Hospital. She and I aresetting plans for the big craftsmen's show in Richmond. Figure the guys will be able to enjoy the new toy.

It's been a number of years since I have felt this rotten. Hope it's only a 24- hour bug. What was it that craxy girl on the FB video said a while back?...I aint't got time for this!
0 Kudos
8 Replies
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: Lost day....

I too hope it is a 24 hr type and you feel much better tomorrow.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Hope you feel better.  No one has time to be sick and you sure don't want to spread it.  We were trying to be really careful in Chicago to use the hand sanitizer but poor Brian got stuck on the train sitting with a very large man who had a cold.  As soon as we got off I handed him the sanitizer.  Hope he doesn't get it.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

My husband and I have lost almost a week.  I started getting a scratchy throat last Thursday.  By Saturday night, both of us were in the chair feeling horrible.  I finally went to the doctor on Wednesday and got meds for sinus infection.  Made him go yesterday.  We are both having a really hard time kicking this crud.  I am at work, but probably should be home, but I know the differant air should help.  Head is so full.  Lots of flu going around here, heard a school closing for today to disinfect.  Also some stomach bugs.  I had so hoped we dodged it, but guess not.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Gnausea lasted all day, which is unusual for me. Finally got so e ginger ale to stick about four this morning. Just had a protein bar, and if that stays, will get dressed and head south. Mike went back with the truck and trailer yesterday, but I wasn't up to even riding. Will be driving back later on my own.

Hoping this is it for me. Mike and daughter have had a tiuch, but no nausea. Winn has had both ends going, too. Hope the weather breaking and getting out in fresh aie will improve us all.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Sorry you are sick but hopefully its over and once you get yourself rehydrated you will be back to normal.    When that stuff hits, it just takes you completely out of the human race for a bit

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

I have gotten a lot better as the day wore on.  At a protein bar about eleven, and drove myself back home by about 1:30.  Daughter called me to come have pancakes wiht Winn for lunch, adn htat turned into a couple of hours of sitting with him,  which I didn't mind. 

Still, it's almost 4:30, and I need to be vacuuming. Had to get some stuff straight with Mike when I got back, and he hit me with needing some help in a while, so why start? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Glad to hear that you are coming back to the land of the living. Try to take it easy. The dirt will still be there tomorrow for the vacuum.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Yes on the dirt, but we are set to leave esrly tomorrow with the couple coming up to stay overnight at Jenna's. I finally got in from feeding cows and ran the vacuum about 5-5:30. Not the best job, but at least I got up the birdseed.

We haul the last bike tomorrow, and Mike works the delivery of the Mule and loading the bikes out to leave. Glad his buddy will be there with him. I will be taken with my friend to pick up my car in town, where it's been in the shop since last week.

We head on to the craftshow...the guys have to get some wine and beer kit supplies from where they drop us off. I have a sneaking feeling that will get pushed off on me, if I let him...I don't intend to let him!
0 Kudos