cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kay/NC
Honored Advisor

Lost?

This missing plane has me thinking about that TV series. We watched it on Roku/ amazon Prime, the first one we got into watching that way. That show got really weird in the whole time warp/alternative realities way that some shows do, and at the end of it, the resolution was very hollow to me...sort of a "Dallas" shower scene ending.

Fast forward to Malaysia Floght 370. It is an absolute mystery to me how, with all the technology and post-9/11 tracking of airliners, a modern jet plane just fell from the sky, with no one able to say how, where, or why.

One fascinating explanation posted online a few days back says thst the Rolls Royce engines leased to the plane are traced by that manufacturer, constantly. This essay said that the British thus know where those engines are, without a doubt, even if everything else that tracks a plane malfunctions at once.

The theory also explained that the plane's ascent to 45,000 feet, where it stayed for some period of time, is one way to kill everyone in a depressurized cabin. It went on to say the plane eventually landed, and then took off again.

I read things like that theory with a jaundiced eye...not blindly believing, but not able to put it totally aside, either. I still fon't buy the "official" explanation of 9/11. I don't think it may be our government, but some group of people who function above that level, worldwide.

I truly hope for the families of these lost souls that their plane and remains are found. I do not think anyone, except maybe a conspirator (or more than one) aboard may have survived, either way.

Have any of you felt that this whole incident just doesn't add up?

0 Kudos
9 Replies
turkey feather
Senior Contributor

Re: Lost?

Yes.  The worst explaination possible is that the plane is safe and will be used in an attack. I can see that happening.  I have thought the passengers could have been killed by lack of oxygen or some means. Even with the millions being spent on finding the plane, I think the public and the families need to know what did happen. There is more to this than just a plane crashing in an ocean.  I don't agree with you on the 9/11 attack but anything is possible in today's world.

0 Kudos
Kay/NC
Honored Advisor

I fully understand that people with reasonable minds will disagree on what has caused certain disasters.  I have watched several video presentations on 9/11, the most interesting one by a group of architects, who agree that a structure of that nature just doesnt' fall the way the towers did that day. 

They particularly point to the thrid one that collapsed, later in the day.  I think it was WTC 7.  There were all sorts of question marks left behind that whole string of events, at least fo some people. 

This plane's disappearance has never made sense.  The Earth 's surface is under pretty constant surveillance ..by us, the Russians, the Chinese.  Some satellite somewhere in oirbit has images we aren't being shown, I feel certain. 

No, I dont' really trust our government.  Also, I believe that there is some power structure that directs certain events worldwide...some say Illuminati, others say things like Opus Dei, or the Masons.  I just think there are too many unanswered questions for this one....

0 Kudos

I fall under the opinion  it was either a highjacking that went bad,   or a pilot loosing it.  

As I've paid attention to the news and info provided on another forum  I've learned the following?

1. Unlike the US and most of Europe  the whole world is not able to be monitored.   

2.  We aren't spying on the Indian Ocean.

3.  Once a satelite takes a picture it takes 4 days for it to be studied and information to be released.   And that is FASTER  than normal. 

4.  The first spot they started looking at east of Austrailia  was 2 hours to get there,  2 hours to search,  2 hours to get back.   (I wondered  why they weren't providing   refueling planes? )

5.  There are no cell phone towers available in the oceans.   No cell phone service. 

6.   Maylasisa doesn't trust anyone... and was way in over their heads and abilities.    They should have asked for help sooner. 

7.   I hope that this will foster cooperation in the future  from the militaries of US,  China,  Russia and Europe.  

The show  Lost is probably a big part of the reason  people are willing to hold to any belief that their family is still alive.   I'm afraid they are gone.    Hope the  "pings"  are really there. 

0 Kudos

A year ago we flew from Perth to Dubai over the Indian Ocean. That part of the world is so remote that it would not surprise me that a plane could simply disappear IF the transponder was deliberately turned off, which it was.

Things over there are nothing like they are in Europe and the States. I'm not surprised at all.

I'm not too comfortable flying internationally until this is resolved.
0 Kudos
linda/IL
Senior Contributor

The whole situation is certainly unsettling.  It's hard to feel safe in a large city, airplane, or anywhere.  Guess I'm paranoid.  I don't care for a lot of the shows put out anymore.  What used to seem so far fetched now seems remotely possible.  I really feel sorry for the families.  Along with those of the soldiers of Ft. Hood.

0 Kudos

There was a popular book series out a few years ago that became a movie...the Hunger Games. I found some of it totally outrageous fantasy but some of it gave me the creeps because I could see the possibilities for it to really happen.
0 Kudos
Kay/NC
Honored Advisor

The thing that really bugs me in the account I read is the engines. Any malfunction in them is known by Rolls, even before the plane's instruments show a problem. They know what they are doing, where they are, at all times.

There are several tracking systems on that plane that cannot be turned off by the crew, too. I have a hard time getting a cell signal at my farm, just miles from two interstate highways on the East Coast...get that calls from passengers couldn't necessarily be made, but phones now have GPS location in them. GPS is satellite based, right?

There are remote areas even on this continent, but it has bern almost thirty days...the black boxes ping that long. The search ends at some point, because there is no chance that a signal still exists.

Like some of you, certain shows and movies give me a shiver. Person of Interest, with its eyes everywhere, really got to me. Right now, Resurrection is tearing at my already-broken heart. I haven't been able to let myself watch Hunger Games yet...tried, but the child waking up screaming did me in at the start.

I hope these families get some answers. Not knowing is the only thing worse than knowing, I think.

0 Kudos
linda/IL
Senior Contributor

DH has been hooked on Revolution.  That is similar to Hunger Games.  I dig into my kindle when it's on.  Kay, I can certainly understand not watching Resurrection.  That one would be rough for you.  I only watch with half my brain.  Again, the kindle diverts my total attention.

0 Kudos
Kay/NC
Honored Advisor

Linda, I make myself watch Resurrection. It isn't disturbing in the way I thought it might be. It feels so far more about souls coming back because there was unfinished business of some sort, and about the ways that different people either accept them as being the same person or don't.

It is a fantasy to have a loved one return from beyond. I actually believe that dreams about them are a fairly common incidence where they still interact with us. Dreams are fluid in terms of time, and may be a way our minds move back and forth within it.

Reminds me that I want to watch What Dreams May Come....

The Aussies seem to be locating the ping discovered by the Chinese. One wonders if a recovery will even be possible, and what will be learned, if it is feasible. Traditions in that part of the world are very involved with honoring the deceased.

The CBS Sunday Morning show had a feature about a Japanese father who is still searching for his young daughter, who was lost after Fukushima. Other families are being upset by the radioactive contamination of ancient burial spots, where they are supposed to visit and observe proper mourning several times each year.

One little old lady was troubled about laying her husband's ashes to rest, because the location she would have used is too contaminated for her young grandson to visit. It creates such a quandary for them, to lack remains to revere. Very, very sad.
0 Kudos