cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Honored Advisor

Re: Massage

Mike has brought home a BAD DOG for keeping up with gloves. Suzie stole one before I could get it on on Sunday.
0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Most of the technicians where I go are Asian men.  Once we start to talk and they find out I practice TKD, we have great conversations about the martial arts, since they have virtually all pacticed at some point in life. 

I think it has to do with being comfortable with strangers, period.  Also, I get "touched' some when sparring at tournaments, and I do not know those women at all.  Being in a martial art gives you a greater comfort level with your body and the position of it relative to another person...we are constantly making body contact.  It just gets you past being uptight about touch. 

Just got my hooves trimmed and my nails all dolled up.  Feel like a million bucks.  Going to train now....

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Advisor

At my girls' urging, I tried artificial nails...once.  They were not very long, but any nail past my fingertips feels like it is a mile long to me. 

I HATED those things...could not wait to pull them off.  Bad thing is that they rough up the natural nail underneath, so the acrylic ones can stick.  My nails are so thin to start with, it felt like they had almost been ground through in spots. 

With TKD, we have to keep all nails clipped short for safety.  I got my iridescent moonstone blue painted back on today...love it.   

0 Kudos
Advisor

I LOVE a massage.  Especially on a cruise ship.  I usually sign up first thing.  It takes away all the stress and puts me in the the perfectly relaxed mood to enjoy a vacation.  My favorite type is the one with the hot stones. 

I also love to have my nails and toes done every other week.  I keep my nails fairly short due to my constant work on the computer and I always have a French manicure....but love color on my toes!!.  I also don't like acyllic nails due to the damage they do to one's natural nails.  I am probably more fussy about my pedicure than about my manicure...Having my nails done is one of the few really special things I do for myself and I think it is good for health reasons to keep nails in good condition. 

Here is my philosophy about any type of service that involves touching my body:  These folks are trained to be professionals just like any other professional who has contact with my body....my doctor, my chiropractor, my dentist, my hairdresser.....I expect them to be professional, respectful and make me feel comfortable.  If they make me the least bit uncomfortable I find a new professional but I won't avoid those services.   

I love how I feel when I have pretty hands and feet.  I love to wear sandals...(can't wear open toes at work due to the factory) but I live in sandals and flip flops for six months a year whenever I am out of the workplace. 

Funny...I just got around to putting away our summer clothes from our Panama Canal trip last month and I looked longingly at my sandals....outside the wind was howling and it was raining and cold....

I heard it is supposed to be in the mid 70s here soon...maybe next week...and I hope to bring out the sandals...

0 Kudos
Advisor

We hit eighty one day last week, and are supposed to go there again this Friday...you better believe I had my toenails done today! 

I've joked about the flipflop being the Carolina state shoe; but, this is one of the few winters since we moved here that I did not see someone, somewhere, wearing them at least once a week.  The thirteen-inch snowfall kept them in the closet for a while for once. 

You have nailed the professional and body contact issue, as far as I am concerned.  We were taught in nursing to ask permission to touch a patient, to explain how and why we would be touching them. 

0 Kudos
Advisor

I do not think people realize how nasty nails are in general.  Handwashing studies show that most people fail to adequately clean around their nails during the average washup.  I use a nail brush, but how often do you even see one anymore?

Fake nails carry health problems of their own, with the natural nails suffering diseases underneath them, often being overlooked.   

0 Kudos
Contributor

I love getting massages!  I go get a massage at least 2-3 times a year because I believe a massage does wonders for my back and neck. Normally, the lady that I go to for massages only uses one oil and she barely uses any. 

Usually when I go though, I have lots of knots in my shoulders, so it ends up hurting there, but I love the feeling of them being "popped" and feeling so much relief the next day!

0 Kudos