Not exactly what we wanted to hear. Needs a biopsy as the MRI showed another change. Dr. said hematoma showed & can still possibly be from radiation or recurance of tumor. Anyway, opening for next Wed. or 3-4 weeks so we are going next week. Biopsy & they will take care of whatever they find. Dr. has waited long enough past his comfort zone with it.
Of course, Brian is rather defiant with it; not wanting to go through it. Ronnie is his usual lock down when he isn't happy. He hates cities and Chicago is the worst in the state as far as this farm boy can stand. Would rather have been at Ia. City but I pushed for Northwestern based on it's reputation & that we had a friend whose daughter was a neurologist there that got us into the head of the department in 3 days. So my problem.
Yesterday we had the cab ride from hell to get to the train station. 50 mph, to braking, & squeezing between other vehicles!! 5:15 p.m. traffic & office workers coming out of buildings like ants from an ant hill. Then the train station with Cub fans and the multitude of passengers going everywhere in the U.S. So today, I'm struggling to make hotel arrangements & travel plans with no "assistance" from family. Plus bowing out of future responsibilities for the next couple weeks just in case. Want my plate empty just in case. Add into this my mom being smothering on the issue & me making sure she has groceries, etc. Kinda numb which is good. Wish me luck & prayers. Thanks.
Re: Medical update
You have both from me, Prayers and good luck! Chicago is bad enough without summer traffic and Cubs game etc. It will be best to get the tests done quickly and find answers. Take it a day at a time. I function best with lists.
The grands will be okay without you entertaining them but I know you want to make the most of their time with you
Re: Medical update
Cannot imagine the travel snafus in that kind of mass of people.
As for the health concerns, you have done the best you can do to get the best minds you can get to help your son.
It's time for others in the family to carry some weight...can your brother step up and help with Mom for a couple of weeks?
Not what we need
I was at the prompt care for my allergies/sinus infection last weekend and completed the medications they gave. Haven't felt the best all week but decided to continue the treatment. Yesterday felt tough. Today I have laryngitis. Swell. DH also has the same symptoms. I think mine is actually on the tail end of everything but I will probably be at my regular doctor tomorrow. Brian brought this "California Crud" back with him from vacation but the main concern is not to be contagious at his procedure. Of course, Ronnie says he will be fine & no doctor. Men!!
This whole thing has brought to the surface that my mom has to have more support than just me. She has a lot of bruising on her arms from the Zarelto she is taking. Leaving Tues. night-lots of issues to deal with.
Re: Not what we need
Xarelto seems to be the wonder drug of the day...highly advertised. I hope they can calm your Mom's reaction to it down...pethaps a lower dose?
The Crud comes in many varieties. My trainer's fiance' is an allergist, and she told me they're all on extra precautions right now...something respiratory making the rounds right now.
Take care and call for help. You cannot be two places at once.
Re: Not what we need
Linda, so sorry to hear of your medical news, travel snafus and redtape. I agree, it is time for your mom to go someplace for awhile. Too many irons in the fire and you'll end up there sooner too. Pray on it. Ask your priest for guidance and help. Call your brother and warn him of the problems and upcoming challenges. Sit your Mom and down look her square in the eyes and tell her now is the time and don't take no for an answer. Assisted Living starts filling up closer to fall. I noticed yesterday one AL in our town was offering a new 42" TV and a year of free cable if they move before Aug. 31st. Get tough. Imagine it is an old cow that doesn't want to go in the milking parlor. Gird up your guption and do it.