cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
merryyon
Senior Contributor

Momma Worries

Cale and Spencer are hauling a calf to the sale barn.  It is only about 25 miles round trip, surely my Momma & Daddy worried about me doing the same thing....but they never let it show....this is Cale's first trip w/out one of us riding shotgun. 

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Kay/NC
Honored Advisor

Re: Momma Worries

Well, now you HAVE to post back and let us know when thy get back okay. All of us will worry with you, until you do!
0 Kudos
lawinkle
Advisor

They will be fine.  Good for you for having confidence in their abilities.

0 Kudos
Kay/NC
Honored Advisor

Merryyon's post took me back to the first morning our son drove off, carrying his two younger sisters to school. It was the feeling of all my eggs being in one basket, with some else steering the basket. No matter how well you have taught them, how much you trust them, it is a feeling only a " momma" knows.

There was a commercial on TV a year or so ago, where the dad is leaning the car window, telling a little girl of about six or seven how to drive safely. As he hands over the keys, she shows in the next scene as the teenager she has become, as if before his eyes in an instant. That one always brought a lump to my throat, because that is exactly how it felt to us.
0 Kudos
turkey feather
Senior Contributor

It is hard to think about the kids and Grands driving in bad weather and soon after getting the license. We are about to hand the keys to our car to our HS junior to go to the prom. I cannot understand the moms in this school who plan these proms at such high costs and send off these young drivers over highly dangerous roads to be out most of the night etc. They raised 15K and this is a small school.

I just saw on local tv that the average cost per person for proms is 1000. Our school sends them to cities fifty miles or more away from the school. Nearby school where other grands went has the prom local and maybe the after prom somewhere else. Some made a mistake and instead of a next day trip to Kings Island it will the following week-end.

0 Kudos
Kay/NC
Honored Advisor

Prom has turned into a substitute for many other, religious or cultural, rites of passage, I think. So much drama, and most of the kids who couldn't wait to go with _______, until they turned out to be less than dreamy, didn't even want to pick ,up the portraits the next week....
0 Kudos
merryyon
Senior Contributor

They made it just fine, even having a stop at the snow cone stand in town, small town kids must be "seen" driving!  I was watching the clock!  He is going to the prom this Saturday, driving into Lawton....that is a whole other set of worries!  TY for enduring my "worries" w/me!!

0 Kudos
manureseller
Senior Contributor

I would be more concerned with what they bring BACK from the sale barn.  LOL  A goat or a puppy or a kitten.  LOL 

0 Kudos