cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Veteran Contributor

My Mom golfing on her 80th birthday!

Our family had such a special weekend. It was my mother's 80th birthday, and she and my 83 year old father and my husband and I all went golfing together! What a great way to spend a milestone like this! Considering a year ago the woman was in a wheelchair and could barely do anything for herself, she has come SUCH a long way! She had a blast and was so proud of herself! Then the next day was Fathers Day and we spent it with my two daughters, son in law and our new grandson! So, my parents, this little boys great-grandparents, got to meet him for the first time! We got lots of 4th  generation pictures and had a wonderful time together. My folks had not seen my daughtets new home and they had the grand tour and now can visualize everything she talks about when they talk on the phone. The weather cooperated  and it was just a terrific time. Smiley Happy 

I hope you all had a great Fathers Day weekend too!

6 Replies
Senior Contributor

Re: My Mom golfing on her 80th birthday!

That is awesome!!!!!!!

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Glad you all had such a wonderful family weekend.  Seeing the baby and the kids' house has to have been a thrill for your folks. 

As for your Mom   - tell her I said, "You go, Girl!" 

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Life is good. My Mom and Dad are in their mid 80's but don't do much at all. I am so glad your parents are in such good health that you can spend special time with them. Enjoy this time in your life.

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

A great way to enjoy a milestone in her life. Nice to have the entire family together on such a special weekend.

We've been busy trying to get outside work done between the rain drops.

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

It's great when our parents have hobbies they can enjoy at an older age.   Not to "one up" you, but my dad won the Calcutta golf tournament at 86.  He played with two younger guys but one of them told me dad saved them, making the win.  He was always pleased when he could golf his age number.  He passed away at 88 and played up until he got sick.

My mom on the other hand is at loose ends because she has no other hobby besides "retail therapy"-shopping.  And there is only so much of that one can/should do.  She is in good health at 90 & still drives to the mall.  I say a rosary.  I just cannot get away as much as she wants to shop.  Plus I hate to shop.  I said for years she needed a hobby but it fell on deaf ears.  Now when she can only stand so much idle time before she calls me & jumps on me for some little minute thing.

We did have a really nice day on Sunday.  Grandkids were here & we went down to the fishin' pond & had really good luck.  Since I was the one cleaning, I'd say a little too much luck!  LOL  It was such a beautiful day with just a little breeze and not too hot and NO RAIN!  I didn't get too much fishing done as the 2 yr. old fell asleep in my arms but that was a sweet armfull & I got to watch the others.  Special day;

special memories.

Senior Contributor

That is so great! We should be so lucky as to go golfing on our 80th birthday! I'm so happy to hear her health has improved and she's now able to get out and enjoy life! Yay for your family!

0 Kudos