cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Nasty weather

Good part is that the two week plus deep snow is melted to about half what it was this morning. But rain has caused heavy thick fog. visibility is about 250 ft. Feed truck skidded in the lane and broke the axle before it could unload.  We do need a warn break as does a lot of the country. Nest will be flooding.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Advisor

Re: Nasty weather

We started the morning with a thin glaze of ice.  All schools canceled.   It would have taken to noon to get safe roads for school buses and teenagers.    Hard roads are clear.   Gravel roads are slick since they don't get cleared.   No evaporation of the snow and ice due to the dark colored roads.     Working on cleaning.  Company this week.   Time for the yearly  office cleaning.   Too much stuff.    Just spent too much time sorting my selection of cards.   I should  be set for awhile.   Might not be perfect for the person ... but it will have to do.   Afterall it is the thought that counts, Right? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Ours the same thing Suey.  I have been cleaning out the file cabinet yet.  Finding old old receipts etc from when we first started dairying.  Bittersweet but this winter has made decision concrete.  Sure have had lots of old ag catalogs to recycle.  Only used a few anyway plus the internet makes shopping so easy.  

I never seem to have a full day to clean good.  I'm bad about accomplishing much in a split up day.  

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

After over two weeks of schools closed from ice and snow, they were delayed due to dense fog this morning. I guess safety concerns for busstops.

I spent yesterday on the road to Raleigh in the rain and cold...just a raw day. Today is supposed to be seventy, then snow/ice again tomorrow, eighteen tomorrow night...pneumonia weather! It is so soggy-foggy here. Feed and LP trucks had trouble in one spot on the farm last week. Next feed truck managed without a tug on Sunday, with fresh icefall. We had rock hauled in to the bad spot yesterday.

I am waiting for my little buddy, who is sleeping in with his Daddy off this morning...he was cranky and feverish last night. Ought to step to my office and get so e things do e, just slow from the day in the road, and my trainer really cranked my hips and knees hard yesterday...and I am feeling it...not bad, just know she put a lot of torque on the joints.

Mike says the yemps look better starting after this spell coming. I hope so, because my fruit and verry planypts are budding out in their water bucket! I haven't even pruned yet.
0 Kudos