cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Contributor

New Members ???

I know I have not been on here in a while, but I noticed a lot of new names. Glad to see the site is growing and not going away. For the new ones, hello, and I hope you like this site as much as I do.

0 Kudos
17 Replies
Veteran Advisor

Re: New Members ???

I'll second that welcome. There is a lot of information on this site. I know a lot of folks hang out in the discussion group areas, and that is great. Let me offer up other great things that you should take notice of and use:

--USDA export sales announcements on the Dow Jones Newswires. Full stories on the corn, soybeans, and wheat markets. Analysis, commentary, and prices on grain stories, energy and currency markets, U.S. and world weather.

--Private analyst crop estimates pop up on the Dow Jones Newswire as well. If you spend some time looking through it, the newswire provided on this site will keep you informed on agricultural marketing factors to a very high level. And it's free. I'm just saying. Check it out.

--Looking for farm markets, we have them extensively. Those that say this site doesn't show crop prices are not using the site properly. When you go to the Markets section then click on 'Commodity Prices', you then get a list of commodities. The cool thing is, if you mouse over the commodity, corn for instance, you get the open, the high, the low, the last, and the price change, all at once. It's fast, accurate, and informative. Yes, the prices are a 10-minute delay. But, unless you're George Soros, you'll find this feature very helpful. Also, click on the word of the commodity and you can find all the contracts. Try it and just like the Life cereal commercial, you'll be saying, "Hey Mikey, he likes it."

--Don't forget that this site encourages user participation. You can post your own comments to each story or posting. You can write your own story, post your own photos, and create your own following. New names are popping up because people are finding out that this their site. This is the 'users' site. The gates to this site are wide open, never locked. You're welcome to grow, express, share, and inform. We don't try to complicate your life, we give you more reasons to get involve.

--If you are stuck on any area of this site, email me and I will personally walk you through your problem, I guarantee that for you.

--Oh, and my shameful promotion, don't forget to visit Marketeye in the Marketing Talk section. Smiley HappySmiley Wink

Mike

0 Kudos
Advisor

There may be the occasional new screen name for a regular, too.  I know lwinkle1 is soilbabe, reincarnated. 

After she asked us if we had all given up a few weeks ago, I've tried to start some new threads, to get discussion going.  I've been stuck home sick a lot lately, and having the board to check into during the day has meant more than I can say to all of you. 

It is good to see new members coming on board.  I wish every lurker would sign in once in a while, just to say hello. 

0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor

Hi, Kay,

I'm sorry to read that you've been sick. I surely enjoyed seeing the posts regarding

my column on young people leaving home. I wanted to post a thoughtful response,

but my copy deadlines have been pulling me away. Anyway, thanks to

everyone who took time to comment. The topic is near and dear to my heart!

Kay, would you be so kind to e-mail me, and I'll send you something to read on

your home e-mail. I'd appreciate any feedback you can provide!

Thank you.

--Cheryl Tevis

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

I'm glad to see we have some new people posting here too.   We really need some new friends to join us.   We need new blood.     I also hope we can get people from other areas of the US or international to join us too.    I enjoy learning about other areas agriculture.    Too often we get to thinking that farming is:  corn, beans, pigs, wheat, cows, and dairy.    We need some vegetable people on here.   Then maybe we'd have more desire to eat our veggies because we'd know we were supporting one of our own. 

0 Kudos
Advisor

I wish I knew how my reincarnation happened.  I logged in one day and my user name came up lwinkle...I cannot get back my old soilbabe despite trying everything. 

Anyway, welcome to all of you new (or lurking) members.  We love to hear what you have to say!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Advisor

For a few days there, I thought you were trying to be mysterious....

0 Kudos
sandhills
Friend

I'm a long time reader, but never posted before. I enjoy reading the discussions here and In Marketing.  I'm a farmer/wife/mother/grandmother from the Sandhills of Nebraska. 

0 Kudos
Veteran Contributor

Welcome to posting!!!!!!!!!!  I'm on the lighter side of posting lol  my fingers don't run as fast as my mouth

S.

0 Kudos
faye11
Senior Reader

I come here and read. I am pretty busy caring for my husband who had a stroke back in November.  The middle of January, the rehab place gave him some diabetic medicine meant for another person and it sent his blood sugar level to the 30s.  Since then, he has regressed in his ability to walk alto his small motor skill have come back somewhat.  We are planning on moving to assisted living for awhile to see if he can regain the ability to tranfer from a wheel chair to where ever he needs to be. I am just not strong enough to lift him alto before the mistake in meds, we could manage.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos