cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Honored Advisor

Newt's passions?!?

I touched on this on the Farm Business page...but, it really belongs over here. 

I hope that Newt Gingrich's exploratory campaign people call me.

I am pretty conservative as I get older, but this guy is NOT suitable material for president in 2012, even IF the world ends on December 21st, and he is thus never inaugurated. 

When you use your "passionate" love of this country for "things" that "just happened" while you were serving it so diligently, you have put a pretty heady spin on marital infidelity. 

You do not even acknowledge an active role in this...it just "happened" to you.  At least own your actions, man. 

GIVE ME A BREAK!!!   You just accidentally wandered away from your cancer-stricken wife, and managed to fall into another woman's bed? And, this was due to your patriotism?!?!?! 

Let me quote Scooby Doo here: "RRUUUNNHHH?!?"

At least TRY to be honest and not expect us to believe that load of crap! 

John Edwards must have been a selfless patriot, too, Newt.  You are in wonderful company there. 

Wasn't it a tad disingenuous to try President Clinton for impeachment, mostly for sexual misconduct,  while you yourself were having an affair?  Why was his peccadillo a constitutional crisis, while yours was a situation beyond your conscious control? 

I don't care what your political position is...this guy is deluded!  Women especially ought to beware of this victim of his own impulses. 

WHEW!  I feel better now.  Had to get that off my bosom....

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Advisor

Re: Newt's passions?!?

Sounds vaguely like "I did not have .....relations with that woman.....and...... it depends on what 'is' is." 

People in power talk differently out of the two sides of their mouths...

They are all the same...if they are not corrupt when they get elected, give them a year in DC and they will be. 

Newt is no better or worse than any other politician in my opinion.....unfortunatly, anyone with morals and values can't get elected in our country. 

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Gingerich was just in our area last month visiting to "celebrate" Reagan's 100th birthday.  Yeah,  visiting a little village & having a book signing at a dinner for the celebration-you'd have to pay ME to go to that one.  I actually had plans to attend Tampico IL (about 10 M) so I could get a postage stamped envelope for each of my grands.  Then heard Newt was going to be there & decided it wouldn't be worth it. 

I think honest politicians are pretty rare.  Won't add what comments are coming into my head right now.

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Believe me, I had to really edit myself on that one. 

Dr. Phil always jumps on a guest who says an affair "just happened." It is a total cop-out of responsibilty and free will. 

More than once, I've heard him say, "So you just accidentally fell into another woman's arms?  I just HATE it when that happens...." 

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Since I heard that the affair started on the campaign desk, sexual harassment comes to my mind. She didn't resist either, so she is getting the same that she gave to the previous Mrs. Gingrich. If he talks about responsibilty and moral behavior of our youth is going downhill, does he not take any blame for acting opposite of what he says?

Iwinkle, I think politicians have more than two sides of their mouths. The number is equal to the number of lobbyists they entertain.Smiley Very Happy

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

If Newt thinks he is the best of the best to lead this country he is delusional!    The thought of the man makes my skin crawl.  I cringe everytime I think of him.   What a big bag of..... wind!

0 Kudos
Advisor

You see?!?

Newt has that effect on people...leaves everyone searching for just the right word.

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

I am not aware of this? He left his sick wife for another woman? And expects to be president?

0 Kudos