cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kay/NC
Honored Advisor

Not enough hours in the day

This Saturday was loaded down with events and opportunitiesvto do stuff. Special interactive exhibit opening at the local bird park we support, estate auctions all over he map, my chance to take a blacksmithing workshop, and daughter's riding students potluck. Still fighting this respiratory crud, and putting family first, I pared the options down to lunch with the horsey girls, then flaked out back here at home.

This would normally be a bright and warm spring day...instead , it is clouding up, cool and windy, with nasty cold rain on the way. This first true spring Saturday is one that folks count on for outdoor events, and this one has to be a big disappointment.

When do you folks start plannng outdoor events where you live, and have you has to reschedule or delay any of them this year yet?
0 Kudos
2 Replies
linda/IL
Senior Contributor

Re: Not enough hours in the day

Well, the Easter egg hunt which is usually at the park will be questionable depending on the weather.  Otherwise around here it usually is a safe bet by Memorial Day.  some of the graduations are held outside.  Last year it was miserably hot-hard to believe.  Of course school activities such as track, baseball, & cross country are going on during April & May.

0 Kudos
Kay/NC
Honored Advisor

Re: Not enough hours in the day

Noticed some schools cancelled all of their athletic events this week. Just too cold, I guess.

Reminded me of watching our kids playing soccer, while sitting wrapped up in sleeping bags. May be okay if you are running and moving around, but not sitting still to watch!
0 Kudos