cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kay/NC
Honored Advisor

One of my funky little projects

Here's the house number plaque I made for Jenna's front porch...the product of some cold and cloudy hours this winter. 

It's iridescent glass nuggets around the metal numerals, in a scavenged picture frame, grouted and sealed.  If the light hits it right, you may see rhinestones glinting in the holes where the screws for the numerals would normally go. 

Finally had a warm-enough morning to get Mike to help me hang it...it's pretty heavy, actually.  Yes, that is a purple rocking chair...you should see the whole set of wild colors on this old porch.   

House number.jpg

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Midwest Farm
Veteran Contributor

Re: One of my funky little projects

Beautiful!!!

0 Kudos
Kay/NC
Honored Advisor

Thank you. It was a relief to get it hung, before I could drop it and break it ( bern there and done that once with a glass panel project).

Wonderful day in Virginia today...the kids came up to haul a load of big bales from there to Carolina, and brought Winn and Grandma Lynn along. So much fun, playing in the warm sunshine and wind with them.

We got a lot off my honey-dos done...birdhouses hung, garden beds figured out, and the open cinder blocks under the front porch are now covered with louvered and screened aluminum vents. This is part of my serpent exclusion plan. Bulbs I planted last fall are coming up gangbusters, except on the north side of the house.

My next artistic expression to get done there is the stained glass inserts in the front and back porch doors. The patterns took a long time to decide upon...now that the ideas are hatched, the execution is much easier.
0 Kudos
manureseller
Senior Contributor

Wow!  That is really neat Kay! 

0 Kudos