cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Contributor

One of those days-again

Even though I said prayers before I left my bedroom, my mom has called & thoroughly chewed me out because she had to hire her yard man to help change light bulb (didn't know about it), move clothes, explain (again!!) what batteries are in her flashlight & how to change it.  then DH growled at me outside doing chores and it wasn't even 8:30. 

Sometimes you wonder if it's worth crawling out of bed in the morning.  Sorry to vent.

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Senior Contributor

Re: One of those days-again

Too bad. I would say if she has someone to that will help her out then let her pay for it. You have your own problems and life.

Senior Contributor

Thinking of you Linda!  I erased 6 messages on our answering machine the other day from my MIL, each one a differant problem.  I know they can't help it, but it sure wears on us.

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Oh gosh Linda. I really feel your pain. If some people didn't bother you with their problems, you'd think something was wrong, right? I think you just need to not allow others' bad attitudes bring you down when there are plenty of good wonderful things all around. I at least like to remind myself of that last one. 

0 Kudos
Veteran Contributor

Oh what a wonderful life we live.  Sometimes it is better without our other half.  But as I read many times on here about aliling parents and little attention they need in life oh how I wish I could have mine back...

S.

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

I'm with you Sundae.  I miss my folks a lot.

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

I do try & keep that in mind.  When you're getting raked over the coals for things you weren't aware of  it's not the way I like starting the day.  If she would tell me I would take care of it.

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Linda, for various reasons, I am sitting here in a " mood", too. Started with Winn here about 7:30 this morning, and ended that shift riding to have lunch in town with him and daughter, for their haircuts.

After I git into her car, I learned she had no less than four other stops planned -one for a manicure -and we had to be back for a potential horse buyer to ride at 3:30. Daughter was short with everyone and driving too fast for my taste.

I finally said to her that she had way too many expectations for a three - hour trip, and that as long as I got to run to the chiro from 3:45 - 5:00, which was Mike's offered tike to watch him, so I could address the cracked backbone, I would keep him so she could run back and get her nails done and errands run.

Somewhere in there, before the chiro ( thank goodness), I fell up three steps and landed hard on the bad side he's been trying to relieve a lot of discomfort in. Hurt like a son- of-a-gun.

Mike survived his 75 minutes on duty..The rest of the 14- hour day of chasing a toddler fell to me. I ended up taking him out to ride the neighborhood, to look at Christmas lights. He fell asleep in sight of the house, and they grabbed him up out of his carseat five minutes later.

Have asked for about an extra hour of rest in the morning...then after keeping Winn until about lunchtime, we leave for an afternoon of yard-work at Jenna's house. If I had an older family member putting demands on top of this schedule, I would be dead myself by now. I do not see how you do it....

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

I should have stayed in bed this morning

Honestly.  Some how I managed to fall  when I tried to dump the rain water out of the rolling trash can.  Talk about embarrassing.    Kind of landed on my forehead and I have a whopper of a headache right now.  Plus feels like I did something to my left wrist. Don't know if anyone saw it, my head was in the can on the ground, so I don't know if cars were driving by or not.

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Re: I should have stayed in bed this morning

Maybe you'd better see a dr. if symptoms continue, DMom.  My fall was in the dark last yr.  Not good either way.

I usually bed calf hutches by throwing straw in, then go head first through the feeding door with my rear end sticking out.  Busy road here & often wonder what folks think if they notice me.  LOL

0 Kudos